Need help choosing my first gun!

One other thing you might think about. If you are considering a semi automatic pistol, there are some out there that people make a .22 cal. conversion for. As an example, I have a Glock 19 compact 9mm and I have a conversion for it that I just remove the slide & barrel, replace the magazine and I am shooting .22 cal. ammo in seconds. This allows you to learn on a gun that is easy to shoot and then convert it over to a good self defense weapon.

If my wife decides to carry, I plan on starting her off with the Glock with the .22 conversion on it.

I am a short woman and I think your wife needs to try out some guns on her own. I have a Ruger LCR, Ruger LCP and Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm compact. The ruger LCR is light, easy to carry but packs some kick when shooting. It is not my favorite to shoot for comfort but I hit what I aim at. The 9mm is my favorite to shoot but it is a little heavy for carrying but it is doable with a good holster and belt.

Just a bit of advise from a wise old sage, at least I think so, whatever you keep in the home always think about what kind of firing condition the firearm is in. I don't mean poor condition or good condition. I mean is it ready to go bang as soon as the trigger is pulled. It is so critically important to not become to comfortable with the firearm too quickly. Complacency can be dangerous. Forgetting the "condition" of the firearm is even more dangerous. Whenever you pick up any firearm, even one in your own home, don't try to guess whether or not the gun is loaded and ready to go bang, always check every time you touch it. You cannot ever be too cautious with a firearm. Just my 2 cents.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back