Need Help Asap Permit Question

The whole thing was a unbelieveable my laywer put me on the stand and asked me basic questions i was made to feel like a criminal because i was asking for a pistol permit my right to bear arms then the judge started with me having anxiety and asked me to explain to him what it was. The thing that reallymade me mad was at one point he refered to me as the defendant and had to be corrected that really made me mad i mean i'm there for a bullsh## reason and then he say's that.So after all my credentials were presented and training he turn to me and say's he will render judgement and i should recieve a letteri was so mad i think i deserved a answer right then and there.Bottom line is we need to fix this problem in ny quick or this will happen in all areas of ny total joke in my eye's.

tsk tsk tsk ................

Worst case, you can carry on your badge, and in other states on HR218 until you retire. Just make sure you move out of NYS before you retire. ;-)

I dread the day the State Police come to my door to collect my "plastic" handgun.

Ever notice how gun control advocates call for "sensible" gun laws, but all they ever seem to proposed are "nonsense" gun laws??

I know i can carry on my badge it is a real downer when you are treated like this for something that is a right i'm so mad at this point i just want the letter to come i can't wait to see what this say's! as far as ny i'm already looking out of state let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks that our rights are secure what a joke!

It is horrible the way you were treated and this judge should give you a permit. I know the first thing to think of after going through what you did is to get the hell out of this state and believe you me I have thought of it more than once. But then I also think, If we are going to change this anti-gun state, we have to stay and FIGHT. It's not going to be easy but we can't let people like that judge win. To many gun owners in this state are cowering or leaving all together. It's time we New York gun owners came together and tell people like that judge, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Sorry for the rant but I hate when people like mikesk get treated this way just because they want to carry a gun in New York State. Then some mention leaving the state for greener pastures.

It is horrible the way you were treated and this judge should give you a permit. I know the first thing to think of after going through what you did is to get the hell out of this state and believe you me I have thought of it more than once. But then I also think, If we are going to change this anti-gun state, we have to stay and FIGHT. It's not going to be easy but we can't let people like that judge win. To many gun owners in this state are cowering or leaving all together. It's time we New York gun owners came together and tell people like that judge, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Sorry for the rant but I hate when people like mikesk get treated this way just because they want to carry a gun in New York State. Then some mention leaving the state for greener pastures.

Ruger lady, you have hit the proverbial "nail" on the head! The liberals in New York City have had the rest of us
law-abiding gun owners on the run long enough. If we don't band together and fight for our rights, who will? Let's stand our constitutional ground and come out of the shadows and fight for our rights!

I agree 100% and thank you for your support i have written letters to my congressmen explaining my displeasure with the way i and others have been treated!

I HAVE BEEN DENIED A CCW,i can not believe i have been denied his basis is because of my anxiety now i have to go to brooklyn for an appeal what is this state coming to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, like I said, you can still carry on your badge until you get this straightened out. Be thankful for that. You have a long fight in front of you to get your permit. You are in a unique position here, one that I don't envy, to really change things in NYS. With the recent Supreme Court decision, you are in a position to be the first person to stand up and challenge NYS laws that allow county judges to arbitrarily grant and deny permits at their whim. You have a health care professional's opinion that mentally, there is no reason for you not to have a carry permit. So, what grounds does this judge have to deny you? "I don't like him" - that's what. And that's all. NYS law, by allowing county judges to discriminate at will, results in the People being denied their 2nd Amendment right in many areas of the state. I believe this is solid ground for a successful law suit. Let's hope you can find a lawyer that agrees!

Well my lawyer totally agres with me and i have to put in for my appeal in brooklyn and my lawyer also can't believe it he say's the judge is completely arbituary and it should be overturned he based my denial on a case called davd h i looked and connot find anything on it but that is all he kept stating in his denial letter he also went as far to in not so many words call me mentaly ill i just hope i can affor this!!!!!!!!

mikesk, I just can't believe this. No I take that back, in this state I can. I know I'm not quite as mad about this as you are but this really pisses me off. But like rheaj has said, you could be the person that will end up making big changes in this state. I know it will not be cheap. I'm on disability but I'm sure I can find a little cash to give you and maybe some others on this forum will step up and help if you need it. You also might want to call the NRA, assuming you belong, to see if they can and will help. The way permits are given in New York State HAS to change to issued. Keep up the fight and know we are on your side.

Thank you for your support i have to meet with my laywer next week to file my appeal and find out how much !!!!! i wish icould show you how insane this judge is but it might hurt me in the end all i can say is he left alot of doors open 1 example of this is he stated a case that say's anybody with a mental illness shall not be issued a pistol permit well think about that statement a eating disorder is a mental illness nicotine addication is one too so if any permits were issued to anyone who ever had these then my denial is arbitatury and the list goes on you would not believe what is considered mental illness look up dsm 4 on the net and i'm sure there have been people with so called mental illness issued ccw in ny so let's pray!!!! and yes i'm a nra member i have to wait until mon to talk to someone

Call the NRA and also The NY rifle and pistol assn. They may want to take your case and push the issue.
NY state is out of control but thats because its a left wing liberal state.

Good move, but I would also call the NYS rifle and Pistol assn being they deal with NY state. The more I think about this the more angry I get. I thought that the only time they could deny you or take away your permit was if you were sent to a nut house agaist your will. In todays world everyone is on some sort of meds for something. This could turn into a witch hunt. If someone has depression but can function does that mean their rights should be taken away?
This is utter bullshit and should be fought.

I agree this is bullshit listen to this it is in the letter THE DAVID H COURT CONSTRUED SECTION 400 OF THE PENAL LAW TO PRECLUDE A PERSON WITH ANY "MENTAL ILLNESS" FROM ISSUANCE OF A PISTOL PERMIT!!!!!!!!!! now as i have said before a mental illnes is so vague it ranges from eating disorders to nicotine addication so if you sought help you are mentaly ill???????? unbelievable right but it is true i just hope i can afford to go all the way with this !!!! also i can find nothing on the DAVID H COURT HE TALKS ABOUT!

I hope you and your lawyer take this as far as you can until your right to self defence is recognized and a permit is issued. I agree you should contact both the national NRA and the NYSPRA. They are always looking to help someone whose 2nd Amendment rights are being trashed.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

Well i'm going to try my lawyer said it will costs thousands so well see right now it is in the appeal stage which means it goes to the appeals court and 5 judges decide and my lawyer does what he can to convince them it is arbtuary and they decide i don't even see the court room my fate is in their hands so well see!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever dealt with anybody at the nra in particular for help paying for a lawyer or for them to get involved?

Sorry to hear that you lost the appeal.

What options are still open to you to secure your rights? What does your attorney say??

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back