Need better ammo

Deserteagle

My Glock 22 hasnt been too happy with Remington UMC .40SW, I get failure to feeds with it quite often and its a new gun, so I think its the ammo that is the problem.
What are your favorite brands of .40SW for target shooting?

What kind of problems are you having? Could be a magazine issue. Any gun should not have any problems with FMJ'S. I use Winchester "white box" in my M&P. My Glock 19 (9mm) that i had did not have any issues either.

Every now and then it will shoot, eject the casing, and then the next round will get stuck half way up the feed ramp, half way in the chamber. I then have to drop the mag and rack it back to clear the stuck round.

Rem. UMC is cheap range Ammo.and that's a best IMHO I don't shoot it in anything. I hope it's not your carry Ammo. Rem. Golden Saber Hornady TAP are carry AMMOs. Before I would blame your Glock or it's Glock Mags i would try shooting some better quality Ammo.

when I instruct new shooters, one of the firearms I employ is a G22. It will jam if the shooter does not tighten his or her wrists--that is, shoot with rigid wrists and elbows.

v65magnafan:214693 said:
when I instruct new shooters, one of the firearms I employ is a G22. It will jam if the shooter does not tighten his or her wrists--that is, shoot with rigid wrists and elbows.

That too "limp wristing".

try some winchester white box, walmart has a 100 round pack for $27.98 or ill also use (federal) american eagle ammo. both work fine out of my M&P & XD.

I have been running american eagle 180gr through my S&W SD40 with no problems at all. I have also tried Blazer Brass with decent results for practice rounds.

I cycled 1 box of Winchester white box 180gr JHP then over 3000 rounds of 165gr reloads with only one feed failure in my G22 gen4. My only failure was after a complete disassemby and cleaning I left it dry and the slide didn't go into battery, 4 drops of oil later it cycled perfectly again. (I oil each side of the slide, the front of the chamber/barrel, and rear of the trigger disconnect)

I would try some other ammo to find what it likes and get some rounds through it to break it in and smooth out any machining marks on the ramp. I have only run into one pistol, a Taurus .40 that I finally had to take a dremel with a polishing wheel and compound to make feed reliably.

True, although I shoot a 9mm in Springfield XD 9 and in the EAA Tanfoglio 9 mm using UMC and never had even a hic-cup. Glocks are not like the original 1911A1 as they would shoot only hardabll ammo. I would polich the ramp, adjust your stance and the way you grasp the firearm, squeeze the trigger smoothly. Nothing wrong with the Glock as I refer to the Glock as the answer to the AK-47 as it will spit out whatever you feed. You may have to have your ejector adjusted or replace depending on how many rounds you have shot through the Glock.

My Glock 22 hasnt been too happy with Remington UMC .40SW, I get failure to feeds with it quite often and its a new gun, so I think its the ammo that is the problem.
What are your favorite brands of .40SW for target shooting?
I just bought a box of 250 in .40 cal.,I hope they don't give me problems.

I had some 357 that jammed in my revolver and a 9 mm that would not feed in my m&p. No more Remington for me

I stopped using Remington ammo for various reasons. Had nothing but bad luck with the .22LR... Had some feeding issues with .45auto... Federal and Winchester work well. TulAmmo (Russian stuff) works fine in the Beretta...

Human input first, ammo second, firearm last.

I've had several students using the 23 with the same ammo without problems. The two that did have caught themselves limp-elbowed (good old shock absorber), once they corrected the human problem no more jams. But, that was the 23 and not the 22.

Did some more research and from what I've read online, it could just be a magazine problem causing failure to feeds and not the ammo. Apparently Glock has 8 different generations of mags now and most of mine are generation 6. So I'll just have to number each mag, try different ammo, and note what mags and what ammo is being used when it fails to feed another round into the chamber.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back