Nebraska CC or OC laws

Ret Educator

I'm anticipating a trip from Utah across Nebraska in the spring. I've researched the NRA site (and others) and am concerned about how I can legally carry while driving through (a rather lengthly, boring drive) Nebraska.
I don't believe NE recognizes my UT CC permit - which would preclude me from packing via that method. I also don't believe NE will allow me to OC - such as with a small exposed hip holster.

When I travel across CA or OR, I use a small, steel, locking gun safe with a cable tethered under the front seat - firearm usually loaded - their laws specify the firearm can't be "readily accessible". Would that work for NE? Or, does the law there require unloaded, locked in trunk?

I would appreciate your amplifying comments.

Darryl

I too have questions

I too will be traveling to Nebraska this summer. i will pass thru Scottsbluff and then to Whitman, we'll be staying in Mullen.

From what I read in The Travelers Guide... open carry is allowed. Is this common or will people panic and call the cops. Also on vehicle carry it said that my loaded handgun must be in plain sight. Other states i've done this in consider a belt holster to be okay. Any comments?

Open Carry is fine

I too will be traveling to Nebraska this summer. i will pass thru Scottsbluff and then to Whitman, we'll be staying in Mullen.

From what I read in The Travelers Guide... open carry is allowed. Is this common or will people panic and call the cops. Also on vehicle carry it said that my loaded handgun must be in plain sight. Other states i've done this in consider a belt holster to be okay. Any comments?

Open carry or in holster is fine, in a vehicle if stopped by officer just put the handgun in plain sight on the dashboard.

Having it on the right hip in a holster could be hard for the officer to see.

Open carry or in holster is fine, in a vehicle if stopped by officer just put the handgun in plain sight on the dashboard.

Having it on the right hip in a holster could be hard for the officer to see.

Thanks for the info.

It looks like I will be in NW Nebraska like Sept 11-13.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back