NE Florida Panera Bread Now Posted No Weapons Allowed !!

xgunr

:mad: Been going to a Panera for some years, mind my own views mind ya. Yesterday Manger who knows I am a Retired LE guy and a CCW holder and yes in and around Jacksonville Fl one would have to be crazy not to carry. 4 -5 murders/shootings a night some weeks. Well she told me they(Managment at Panera) are now going to enforce thier "No Firearms" restrictions at this store and the other chains owned by a group. They are not cooperate owned. Anyway didn't ask how, just told her good luck with that one, its suppose to be announced on local media this week. So I said gee, now all the bad guys will for sure know no one is armed in these stores, and if there are law abiding folks who don't want to challenge the new Panera rules well the bad guys now know that many of the cars parked outside are surely to have a gun in the glove box, locked or not the new policy will jack up the crime even more. Me I just will sit do nothing till the bad guy challenges me with thier unlawful intent, I can protect myself, others well thier on thier own at Panera Bread in the Jacksonville Fl area stores. Policy even states only Law Enforcement Officers conductiong there duties? I was told that means to them on duty in uniform. Sure hope Dunkin Donuts doesn't get on board, I am running out of places where I can lawfully carry concealed and get a cup of "JOE"....:sad::sad::sad::sad:

there are many panera shops around JAX, which ones are enforcing the anti gun stance?
you do realize that if you are concealing properly the people in panera would never know if you carried inside their shop.
it is up to you to decide if you want to vote with your wallet on their policies, you could just keep going to panera and don't ask don't tell

Howdy,

there are many panera shops around JAX, which ones are enforcing the anti gun stance?
you do realize that if you are concealing properly the people in panera would never know if you carried inside their shop.
it is up to you to decide if you want to vote with your wallet on their policies, you could just keep going to panera and don't ask don't tell

What does FL's law say about CCWing when it's posted?

I live in AR and it's a big No-No to carry where posted. You will lose your permit for at lest a year, get fine, etc.

If a place is posted I go elsewhere. I'm not going to give them a dime of my money and I tell them why I do not or no longer shop there.

Paul

Sign or no sign, backed by law or not, if you are legaly carrying for your state, keep it concealed like it should be, go in and have your lunch, and by all means keep your trap shut about it, especialy since as you said its a very high crime area, how dumb are you going to feel if god forbid if your in there eating your soup, sandwich and latte' and a BG comes in sticks a 9mm high point or some similar high dollar gun in your ear, and all you can go for is your cell phone

I often grab lunch at Panera in southern NY. there are two and neither have any signs.

No signs in Ohio ... yet. If they do, a letter goes out to them and no more blind date meet ups at Panera anymore. Heck, if they start posting anywhere, any state, I may just stop going there altogether. Here, the signs have force of law.

Open carry, grow a backbone, and do what's right. Stop spending money at places you don't agree with.

Oh wait...that's right Florida doesn't have the Right to carry...just the privilege to conceal.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Hi Folks, I am sure its a cooperate type thing, the local stores around Jacksonville and one in Yulee are owned by a group? Anyway. I do have a picture of the signs that are going up here.Link Removed

I know Fl State law was just changed to not allow any city's or countys to make firearms laws more strict than state laws, but these stores are private property so It's a no no. One person at the store stated it was just an insuance thing. I being somewhat of a big mouth pointed out the fact most folks might not come in with a concealed legally owned gun or weapon, yes pepper spray is considered a weapon..Now thiefs who regulars in the lots would know to try to get to those stored guns, thus more danger and more insurance rate hikes, and so far as robberies go, yes I said I would think a bad guy would want to rob a business where they are pretty sure they will be the only folks with guns inside, like that movie theather killer in CO stated he included in his planning. Sitting ducks, complete control till the Police get there. In that case he almost got aay blending in with the swat guys! I will continue to carry as before, letting no one know, but get involved, in a place like panera is now, no not unless that person is a direct threat to me or a loved one,,,,sorry. Maybe panera will hire guards, oh can't do that there employyee rules state they can not hire anyone who violates thier rulebook, no guns or facial piercings!! Its in there. Hope word spread like it did for target stores, hey Target even won't the disabled Vets sell poppys on Vets day on there property, That's a fact.. Sorry for the type o's.....I am old....

Yea, that does it ... no more Panera for me. I open carry all summer long and I will be damned if I make an exception so they can make a feel good statement to the media or the antis. Everyone keep their eyes peeled for a report of a robbery at one. Matter of time it would seem.

They are holding the same stance as Starbucks...trying to appease everyone by putting out a request that they don't plan to enforce...it's not working though...just like our government

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I did contact them and I urge you to do the same, keep it polite and simple. I told them that I am licensed by the state of FL to carry weapons and if they request that my weapons do not come into their stores that I will comply and that I would never buy a thing from them again. and then I told them that I will urge everyone that I know to never go into a panera store again.

Florida is funny on that kind of sign. There is no legal backing for it currently. So what happens is they will ask you to leave and if you don't, then you get charged with trespassing. YMMV, so always consult an attorney.

Florida is funny on that kind of sign. There is no legal backing for it currently. So what happens is they will ask you to leave and if you don't, then you get charged with trespassing. YMMV, so always consult an attorney.

FLA is not funny with that sign, the law is quite clear, gun buster type signs have zero backing by law and your comment is not quite right, it should read then YOU COULD be charged with trespassing.
an attorney wouldn't be necessary unless there is an actual arrest.

:mad: Been going to a Panera for some years, mind my own views mind ya. Yesterday Manger who knows I am a Retired LE guy and a CCW holder and yes in and around Jacksonville Fl one would have to be crazy not to carry. 4 -5 murders/shootings a night some weeks. Well she told me they(Managment at Panera) are now going to enforce thier "No Firearms" restrictions at this store and the other chains owned by a group. They are not cooperate owned. Anyway didn't ask how, just told her good luck with that one, its suppose to be announced on local media this week. So I said gee, now all the bad guys will for sure know no one is armed in these stores, and if there are law abiding folks who don't want to challenge the new Panera rules well the bad guys now know that many of the cars parked outside are surely to have a gun in the glove box, locked or not the new policy will jack up the crime even more. Me I just will sit do nothing till the bad guy challenges me with thier unlawful intent, I can protect myself, others well thier on thier own at Panera Bread in the Jacksonville Fl area stores. Policy even states only Law Enforcement Officers conductiong there duties? I was told that means to them on duty in uniform. Sure hope Dunkin Donuts doesn't get on board, I am running out of places where I can lawfully carry concealed and get a cup of "JOE"....:sad::sad::sad::sad:

If it's posted, don't spend your money there! Don't whine, show strength. Let the management know that you will not only NOT patronize their establishment but will inform ALL those that you reach out to NOT TO as well. Make your voice be heard and act on it. Post a letter to the editor, make the most noise you can. YOU really can make a difference if you choose to or be active only from your key board.

I understand that the CEO of Panera released a statement asking people not to bring guns to his stores, but he also said they would not put up signs and they will respect local and state laws.

Howdy,

No signs in Ohio ... yet. If they do, a letter goes out to them and no more blind date meet ups at Panera anymore. Heck, if they start posting anywhere, any state, I may just stop going there altogether. Here, the signs have force of law.

Puck Fanera Bread!

If it's a corporate policy I'll never eat there again. PERIOD

I'm not going to spend my money at a business that supports taking away my Rights or one that spreads a message of hate.

Paul

I understand that the CEO of Panera released a statement asking people not to bring guns to his stores, but he also said they would not put up signs and they will respect local and state laws.
I guess you missed post #9 in this thread

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back