Nationwide Firearms Database Shot Down

HK4U

WASHINGTON — Collecting ballistic "fingerprints" from millions of new guns would create a database that would be too unreliable to be useful in solving gun crimes, a team of scientists said Wednesday

Link Removed

Bad idea, good outcome. Think about all the money that would have been spent to implement it.

YEAH!!! I'm very happy about this one - Spend the $ on actually putting BG's away - not on something that doesn't work.

I am a bit confused. It appears to me that someone in our government might actually have some common sense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad to hear we had a positive outcome.

confused

I am a bit confused. It appears to me that someone in our government might actually have some common sense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad to hear we had a positive outcome.

Yes, that is something that don't not happen to often.

It sounds like the report was written by people who actually know what they're talking about.

"Ballistics testing is only as useful as the number of images in the database," Sen. Herb Kohl, D-Wis., said while pushing for the database in 2002.

Actually, the opposite is true, Wednesday's report said. The larger the database, the more errors the computer will return.
Neither Kohl nor other lawmakers who supported the database proposal had any immediate comment on Wednesday's report.
:laugh:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back