National Park concealed carry restored

It doesn't go into effect until Feb 2010. Its tied to the credit card reform bill and BO signed them together as is. So it doesn't take effect until the credit card reform does which is Feb 2010. I've heard someone is trying to seperate them so it can become effective now, but I'll have to research that some before I can say for sure.

Gvaldeg1 is correct on this point. The separation you may have heard of was the way they voted on the bill. They took a separate vote concerning the parks carry portion as a means of speeding up getting the credit card reform through. This was done simply to see if there would be to much resistance to the overall bill. Since the President doesn't have line item veto authority they would have had to go through the entire process again minus the parks carry portion. This would have pushed it far beyond Obama's time table.

this still leaves jersey gun owners in the dusk again....:hang3:

But you have so many other great things about living in NJ. Let's see if we can count them:

1. You are right next to New York.

Start over

1. The taxes are low!

Ummmm

1. You get your gas pumped for you!

Ooops

Anyone?

:laugh:

It was actually Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn. If you want to thank someone, please thank the right guy. Senator Coburn's email is:

Link Removed

I already thanked him for myself but I'm sure that he'd like to hear from you all. He's a great guy and a tireless supporter of 2nd Amendment Rights.

Now, we need to press to have the current injunction on concealed carry lifted or quashed. The NRA and GOA are working on this and, if that occurs, those of us with CCWs will be able to carry concealed in Parks until the new law goes into affect in Feb 2010.

Excuse me, I knew that, I was thinking about five or so other things. I have told Sen. Coburn that I appreciate his work on all fronts.(Dr Cox is a good guy too)

Does anyone know the exact date that the new law is official. I have gone on Dep.of interior, and National Park sites and cannot find anything posted. I think that the officials in some areas might try to downplay this hoping some folks may not know the new law. I want to see the signs that are posted in the National Parks at stopping points, and brochures removed. Will it happen quickly or will they drag it out? Also, will all the Park Rangers be up to date on this issue?:pleasantry:

I've read Feb 22...

ETA: very last paragraph here

Guns at national parks
Asked about an unrelated provision in the bill allowing visitors to U.S. National Parks and refuges to legally carry licensed, loaded firearms, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters during Friday's press briefing, just before the signing ceremony, that Obama would sign the bill with the gun provision included: "Overall, the credit card reform bill is important for consumers and should be signed," Gibbs told reporters. The gun clause takes effect Feb. 22, 2010.

and as mentioned above...its not just concealed carry. Its whatever the state law where the park is located allows..concealed or open carry.

However, the any buildings in the parks are NOT going to change...

The credit card companies may be "under some control", but let's see what the industry looks like in a few years. I am generally a "hands off" person on stuff like that, believing that the free market will correct things like that over time.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back