National CCW permit??

Now you want a National CCW permit issued and controled by the Federal Government. As an exercise take all the states and put them in order from most difficult to get a CCW right now to easiest. The Feds are not going to go to the Vermont or Alaska style but rather somewhere toward the majority. Remember this is going to have to pass the House and Senate.

The Senate has 435 members so we will have to get 218 to approve it probably according to what their state laws are. This meas that the following states are going to decide what the CCW permit will require and how it will be restricted.
# of Reps Running Total
52 California 52
31 New York 83
30 Texas 113
23 Florida 136
21 Pennsylvania 157
20 Illinois 177
19 Ohio 196
16 Michigan 212
13 New Jersey 225

So check out the requirements for these states to see what your CCW will be like. :)

So sorry and I am new here but you said the senate has 435 members. Would you like to back that up? I think you meant the house has 435 members.

You are correct, just one of those senior moments. The House has 435 and the Senate has 100. If that is my only mistake for this year it will be wonderful. :pleasantry:

Well, my apologies back to you if I seemed to harsh. There are no problems between us, I assure you. Both of us are in agreement on this issue. All these laws are too different from state to state to memorize and trust to memory while in each state. I'm asking my Representative to introduce a bill that requires a "one issue" mandate. None of this hidden stuff being included with a bill, when the hidden stuff has nothing to do with the main purpose of the original bill. NOW, that being said,I hope your idea of having reciprocity throughout the Nation gets in BEFORE my "one issue" request becomes law! LOL!!!!!

check locally to see if you can get a utah permit whcih voers 30 states ofcourse this would be in addtion to your residential state .

check locally to see if you can get a utah permit whcih voers 30 states ofcourse this would be in addtion to your residential state .

And then check to make sure it is valid in those states that you want to use it in being a non-res license, etc.

Nope.... I still say a national reciprocity bill or amendment to a porker is what we need.

Before any national carry permit would be workable, there would have to be somewhat of a consistency in laws from state to state. When they passed the officers safety act, outside of a few exceptions, all state laws were not withstanding. Exceptions being federal property, state and local property that happen to prohibit firearms and private property owners that did not wish to have the carrying of firearms onto their property. And of course no carrying of any firearms that fall under the national firearms act.
It took years for the above law to be passed, and it only passed because of the tragedy of 9/11. I believe that someday national carry permit will be offered, but it will be expensive and probably more restrictive in of itself than many what is now state permits. just my opinion.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back