Narrowed it down to 3

mjroho

Here are my 3 picks that I'm trying to decide on buying for my next CC pistol. The Glock26, XD9 sub-compact or the S&W model 908. I have little experience at shooting and am in the process of getting my CC license.I currently own a Kel-Tec p32 but want something with a little more punch. Which one of these should I get and why? Thanks.

Here are my 3 picks that I'm trying to decide on buying for my next CC pistol. The Glock26, XD9 sub-compact or the S&W model 908. I have little experience at shooting and am in the process of getting my CC license.I currently own a Kel-Tec p32 but want something with a little more punch. Which one of these should I get and why? Thanks.

This is a decision that you have to make on your own. Everybody has an opinion as to what you should buy but there's a problem with that approach. They're not you!

The only way to be sure is to go the range and rent the handguns that you're interested in. Shoot them and ask questions about them. Pick the one YOU want.

GOOD LUCK!

There's not a bad pistol in your choices. It's all going to boil down to which one fits you the best and how well you can shoot it.

I'd go so far as to suggest renting all three pistols and firing them, waiting a week, doing it again and then making a decision. Unless, of course, one of them just "jumps out" as a pistol that suddenly seems to "fit you" better than the others.

Last edited:
I can't comment on the S&W, but I have an XD and I've shot the Glock. I'd personally go with (and I did) the XD over the glock because it has the additional grip safety that Glock doesn't have. It's a non-action safety but still adds piece of mind, and highly reliable (also less expensive).

But shoot all three and decide for yourself. Compare weights, grip length, ability to extend the grip with a mag extender (XD), etc.

Since you asked - I'd go with your KelTec. Not to say the 3 choices you mentioned would be 'bad choices.'

Trying any/every gun you intend to purchase is as wise as test-driving a car - not just buying it because it looks good in the brochure. That should be a given. (Sadly, that's not always the case.)

However, with training and an adequate personal defense round, your nice skinny KelTec could serve you as well as any.

Let us know what you decide upon, and better yet - post pics!:yu:

Last edited:
I went with the Glock 26. You just can't go wrong with a Glock. I've put 75 rounds through it and love the way it handles. I'll still carry my Kel-tec P32 once in awhile but the Glock is it for now. I just finished my CC class and need to submit my application for my license. It takes 3-4 months to get it here in Oklahoma.

I went with the Glock 26. You just can't go wrong with a Glock. I've put 75 rounds through it and love the way it handles. I'll still carry my Kel-tec P32 once in awhile but the Glock is it for now. I just finished my CC class and need to submit my application for my license. It takes 3-4 months to get it here in Oklahoma.

Very nice, and I agree - the overall quality, reliability, durability and value makes Glock a "bullet proof" choice for just about any application. Like you, I love the way my G23 feels - and it shoots ANY ammo well. (No finnicky guns for me, thanks.)

Congrats on completing your CC course, and thanks for sharing.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back