NAA .22 mag effectiveness?

mrt202

I've carried one for a couple of years and fortunately have never needed it. I'm curious if anybody has in fact ever had to use one of these minis, and what was the effect?

I bought one on a whim a few years ago. Can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Only carried it a couple times. Too many other more effective options. Wish I hadn't wasted my money.

I have one in Long Rifle, a very well made high quality firearm. It is my all-the-time-anywhere gun (backup to my backup most of the time though). Sure, it is very hard to hit anything more than a few yds away with any accuracy, but it is very easy to hide (carry) just about anywhere. It would more than do the job at bad breath and closer distances, stick it in his ear, nose, back of the neck, the explosive blast would probably do more damage than the bullet with those type of contact shots. I have also used it to kill a few pests around the yard, possums mainly. I just wish it wasn't so darn loud............

i carry a 22 mag version in my back pocket 24/7 . have for the past 4 years. i believe i can hit a man sized target pretty consistantly at 7 yds. which is what it would problably need. i believe the noise and muzzle flash (looks like a 357 at night ) would help a lot too. it would be my last ditch effort i carry something bigger at least 85% of the time . if the time ever comes i would rather have it than a pocket knife .

Think about it, if you are about to get shot with one, what are your thoughts. Mine would be get out of here! Most hoodlums are not hero's, they are chicken. They want to get the drop on you, so be aware of your surroundings.

I have one in Long Rifle, a very well made high quality firearm. It is my all-the-time-anywhere gun (backup to my backup most of the time though). Sure, it is very hard to hit anything more than a few yds away with any accuracy, but it is very easy to hide (carry) just about anywhere. It would more than do the job at bad breath and closer distances, stick it in his ear, nose, back of the neck, the explosive blast would probably do more damage than the bullet with those type of contact shots. I have also used it to kill a few pests around the yard, possums mainly. I just wish it wasn't so darn loud............

Stuffed possum
1 possum (whole)
1 qt. cold water
1/8 cup salt
5 beef bouillon cubes
2 bay leaves
3 celery stalks (chopped)
2 onions (sliced)
1 bag packaged stuffing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soak possum in cold salt water for 10 hours. Rinse meat in cold water and refrigerate 2-4 hours. Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Stuff possum cavity with prepared packaged stuffing. Close cavity tightly. Place stuffed possum in roasting pan, add water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, celery and onion. After 2 hours turn meat. Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Cook for 1 more hour. Test roast, if not done reduce heat and cook until done.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back