N. Carolina CCW & NFA Laws

procop

Will N. Carolina issue CCW's to out of State residents ?
How Diffcult is it to obtain one either as a Resident or non resident ?
Is it leagle to own Class III / NFA Weapons ?
I am planing to move to N. Carlonia and would like to check out the laws
and limits before leaving.

Let me be the first to welcome you to USA Carry, procop. Welcome aboard!

Anyway, North Carolina is what's known as a "shall issue" state, meaning that if you meet all the requirements under the law, you will be issued a permit. Also, even though NC only issues permits to its own residents, it honors resident and nonresident permits from 30+ other states, so chances are if you have a permit from your home state, you'll be able to carry there as long as you're not a NC resident. Also, it is legal to open carry there without a permit, even in a vehicle.

Finally, as for class III and NFA weapons, check this map:

Link Removed

Yeah, open carry in public areas doesn't work here. You can open carry in a car, but even though open carry is technically legal here, there's a provision about "going armed to the terror of the people" which basically makes legal open carry illegal. All it takes is someone to see you carrying open and be frightened enough by it to notify a police officer and you are breaking the law. It's not worth the risk so just get the CCW in NC and conceal your weapon.

Will N. Carolina issue CCW's to out of State residents ?
No. NC does not have a residency requirement for Link Removed
How Diffcult is it to obtain one either as a Resident or non resident ?
Depends on county you're in. The typically hurdle I have heard is Sheriffs not issuing in the required 90 days.
Is it leagle to own Class III / NFA Weapons ?
Yes but a county permit is required per NC GS § 14‑409.
I am planing to move to N. Carlonia and would like to check out the laws
and limits before leaving.

The statue for GATTOP has a provision stating something along the lines of "what a reasonable person would consider terrorifying" I will have to look it up for the exact wording. I have spoken with several LEO's here in Harnette County and they can verify it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back