N.C. Residents Take Action

hatteras

The Honorable Andrew Brook has sponsored a Senate Bill #235 which would allow Carrying a Concealed Weapon in a Resturant which serves Alcohol, but is defined as a Resturant. Please contact your representative and encourage him/her to support and encourage others to support this bill! You can google your representative and send them an e-mail. Don't complain if you don't take action. The bill is being considered at this time. :yu::yu::yu:

********Passed and will take affect 12-1-09******** thanks bigspur for update below......

Last edited:
Sent to senator Jim DeMint of SC

Short Title: Personal Protection in Restaurants. (Public)
Sponsors: Senator Brock.
Referred to:
*DRS35057-LH-66*
1 A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
2 AN ACT TO ALLOW PERSONS WITH CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMITS TO
3 PROTECT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES IN RESTAURANTS.
4 The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
5 SECTION 1. G.S. 14-269.3(b) is amended by adding a new subdivision to read:
6 "(5) A person on the premises of an establishment that is a restaurant under
7 G.S. 18B-1000(2) or G.S. 18B-1000(6), provided the person has a valid
8 concealed handgun permit under Article 54B of Chapter 14 of the General
9 Statutes."
10 SECTION 2. This act becomes effective December 1, 2009.

Looks good to me can we make it happen? :biggrin:

Reply from Neal Hunt, District 15 (Wake Co)

Here"s a reply from Neal Hunt on Senate Bill #235:

Dave, I will vote for this bill!

Neal Hunt
Deputy Republican Senate Leader
District 15 (Wake County)
Legislative Office: 919/733-5850
Business Office: 919/781-3464

This is great news. I always thought it was so silly to prohibit concealed weapons in a a restaurant when the "bar" consisted of nothing but a beer and wine menu.

Now theres a pub here in town that's the other way around. They are a bar, but are licensed as a "restaurant" so they could skirt the city prohibitions for bars. They serve a salad or a cheeseburger every now and then. I overheard one of the owners bragging to his girlfriend that that's how they "got around" the city council, was by serving a food now and then and being a "restaurant".

The Honorable Andrew Brook has sponsored a Senate Bill #235 which would allow Carrying a Concealed Weapon in a Resturant which serves Alcohol, but is defined as a Resturant. Please contact your representative and encourage him/her to support and encourage others to support this bill! You can google your representative and send them an e-mail. Don't complain if you don't take action. The bill is being considered at this time. :yu::yu::yu:

********Passed and will take affect 12-1-09******** thanks bigspur for update below......

Go to Welcome to GRNC (Grass Roots North Carolina) and you can sign up for free e-mail alerts to keep in touch with this bill and similar bills. You can also become a member of GRNC for $25.00 a year. They are an excellent local source for political action.

why is this topic not getting more attention- as far as i am concerned this is the post important gun topic in nc right now. if our current state government will not push this bill through we need to list those holding this process up and vote them out of office this november.

click herei

as far as i can tell and i am no expert. these are the clowns holding the current house bill up. I sent an email to representative Sutton over 2 weeks ago and received no response. i am sick and tired of having to leave my gun when eating dinner in 95% of our restaurants.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back