My wife got trained!

mwhals

My wife now has training to be a concealed weapon carrier. The house that carries together and shoots together stays together. Double trouble for bad guys if we are together.

More power to you guys. Wish more ladies would take the plunge and the training. I read yesterday that the biggest increase in concealed carry permits is the ladies, with a 20% increase over prior years. Good deal ladies!

My wife finally got her permit a few years back. I took about 5 years of nurturing the seed I planted for her to finally move forward. Now she CC's most everywhere we go. We've practiced multiple scenarios to separate and take tactical advantage with both of us being armed.

Doh I thought you were gona say you have got her trained to make you a sammich on command :) grtz on her getting her cpl. Be prepaired to buy more ammo if she is like my wife.

I took my class two weeks ago, and my Wife will be taking hers in four weeks.

Sent from my QMV7A using USA Carry mobile app

My wife has me trained.......

I know that! LOL I got my wife to take a CCW class and a follow up class. Never got her to fire more than one shot before that. The follow up class split between revolvers and semiautos. That worked out well since we were separated. She learned to do everything herself.
Even though she rarely carries she can take care of herself. One less thing for me to worry about.

That's fantastic. Now she'll leave you alone about having to find that perfect holster...

I did read an article recently that rang true with my wife and I. It basically said that husbands make terrible firearms instructors. Typically, you and your wife want to make each other proud. That means that in stressful situations (like learning to shoot) it is difficult, because you are so close, to take positive criticism. Communication has a tendency to breakdown and the lesson goes untaught. If this happens in your case, do not get offended if she wants to take a class from someone else. Or better yet, offer to send her to an instructor instead of trying to coach her yourself.

That's fantastic. Now she'll leave you alone about having to find that perfect holster...

I did read an article recently that rang true with my wife and I. It basically said that husbands make terrible firearms instructors. Typically, you and your wife want to make each other proud. That means that in stressful situations (like learning to shoot) it is difficult, because you are so close, to take positive criticism. Communication has a tendency to breakdown and the lesson goes untaught. If this happens in your case, do not get offended if she wants to take a class from someone else. Or better yet, offer to send her to an instructor instead of trying to coach her yourself.

One of the best things about taking a class separately is she will talk about what happened to her and what she learned. She will get more out of it, at least on the first couple. After she is proficient you can take them together although I try to make sure she hangs out with the other women, not me too much.

She took a S&W 686 with custom grips to that first class. The instructor loved it, made her soooooo happy even though she "complained" that he always used her gun to demo things.

I would advise more training than the ccw class. It's not enough training for any one. You need to be in different circumstances to know how to respond expecially if your a Women and even more so with kids. The reason I'm saying this is because I am small lady. It seems because of those 2 factors - I get approach more than most people. I have had to deal with a lot of different circumstances. The last was with my child less than a week ago. Nothing scary than someone grabbing your child and you can't shoot because you may hit your own child. I recommend The organization The Well Armed Women and another place that actual trains you for this situations like this. I hope this helpsm

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back