My Report following the Wally World Tactical Map

MichaelJ07

When I mentioned I received my permit, several folks sent me the Wally World Tactical Map for my first time carry "assignment." It included not only the layout of Wally World, but also a written set of requirements. They say nothing is really done until the paperwork is done. So, what follows is my detailed report.

First time real carry at Meijer, Adrian, MI

Prologue:

My new UBG Holster will be here next week. In the meantime, I bought a Bianchi 100 Professional (size 10) to complete this first assignment. I spent a couple days wearing the rig on my hip in various positions. Settled on about 4:20 for a nice ride (someone might find my 4:20 ride to be strange. Might I suggest you find a hippy from the 70’s and ask them to explain why the best ride is at 4:20.)

Anyhoo, on to the mission. Since I was given two choices (Wally World or Meijer) I went with the latter. I go there most every day anyway and lots of people know me in our store. Might be exciting. Could be disastrous.

I centered the truck between the two entrances and about as far away from the building as I could. On the initial walk-up, I didn’t really look under any cars for BG’s. However, I DID get down on one knee (yes, in the slush) to look under MY truck for any BG’s that might have hitched a ride on my frame. There were none, so I proceeded to the main entrance feeling the weight of my rig on my hip. My eyes were darting back and forth on the way (checking out who was in my immediate vicinity and who was shortly going to be.) If anyone tried anything devious, I was ready to run like hell for the first cover. Encountered no BG’s on the way to the door and made it safely inside.

As required, I grabbed a cart and headed for the food court. Lots of people said hi as I passed them. I responded cheerfully and no BG’s were encountered. I ordered a nice sub sandwich, fries, and a Diet Coke to wash them down. Sat in a spot where I had a good viewing advantage (could see lots of the store floor and also the exit door.) Spent 20 minutes here. No BG’s encountered, but a few of them could have been! Couldn’t tell if anyone else was packing heat, but some probably were.

After the food station, I headed down the main food aisles. Each one of them! Saw lots of things that I haven’t eaten yet, drunk yet, or cleaned my floor with yet. Bought some soda pop, milk, butter, bacon, and Spam (love that stuff!).

Spent several minutes in the hardware section looking at nothing (ours just plain sucks) and several more intense minutes in the pet food aisles. Why do all the fat people have to be in the same aisle at the same time? I don’t know, but I headed down there anyway to add to the equation. Surprisingly, no one brushed up against me. I think “they” know that two fat people won’t fit in the allotted aisle space at one time. So, as “they” approach each other on an apparent collision course, “they” both spin sideways creating enough room to pass each other. (Kinda funny in a sick sorta way.) I chuckled under my breath and grabbed some canned cat food for his highness who lives at our house.

In sporting goods, I spent a lot of time. Don’t know how much, but lots. Here is where I asked for help. Needed to see a sleeping bag that was way up high. I helped her reach for it. Made sure she was on my strong side. Felt the coat raise up and I thought, “this is it! I’m busted!” However, nothing unusual happened. Pursed the fishing gear. Bought some No. 10 hooks for this spring and some fishing line. Not real crowded here, but more than usual. When I saw a man in a brown coat with a blue hat (yep, not kidding) heading my way, I squatted down on my dry knee to check out some bobbers. Used my strong side arm to reach way back in the hopper for a weighted bobber. He walked right past me. Next, was the ammo case. Have to call someone who has a key to open it up. I squat down again, reach WAY back for a couple boxes of 9mm gummy bears for my Bersa. The worker was again on my strong side and I know my coat got caught on the grip, but he didn’t notice anything unusual. I casually straighten it and went on shopping.

Continuing on to the magazine racks, I spent several minutes reading backpacking magazines, hunting magazines, Guns & Ammo magazines, and looking through a few books. Reached way up for a couple magazines and way low for a couple more. Three people were on my strong side and their eyes said nothing was amiss. Two had brown eyes and one lady had hazel eyes.

No BG’s so far in the store that I could notice. Everything seemed normal as always (which is scary since there had to be more than me in that store who was armed!)

I entered the entertainment department in search of that action DVD. Didn’t see anything that I wanted to buy. Seen all those movies or have them at home. I will need a new TV, so I asked several questions to the worker (who is my 2nd cousin) about the new TV’s. Found something I will buy in the Spring.

Next aisles are school supplies and heath and beauty products. Yes, I went down every one with a cart. Women sure do need a lot of products to make them think they look attractive! Bought some Aspirin and moved on to my next station, clothing.

Looked at new blue jeans and really found nothing that I would buy as a cover garment. I do most of my cover garment shopping at Cabelas (maybe a future assignment?) and am happy with what I have (for wintertime.) I imagine in the summertime, I will go back there to see if they have any large flowery printed shirts (standard new guy conceal garment.)

Nearing the end of my first mission, I looked for the longest line (as required.) Found it! Slowest cashier in Meijer history. Had plenty of time to read all about Jennifer Anisteds (sp) new pregnancy and who the father might be. Read that I can lose 45lbs by summer if I follow this milk & cheese diet, and knew all the words in the Reader’s Digest Word Power. My eyes were flirting all the time. Checking out who might be carrying and running scenarios through my head if one of these nice customers went bonkers. I would prefer to do this mission in the summer as the attire of the ladies would be a better view, but I’m stuck here in Adrian winter. Most people wear cotton clothes and, to me, that just makes one colder in these temps. Not too many different eye colors in my vicinity. Mostly brown and hazel with a few blues threw in for variation. Most people need to do something with their hair and the rest of them need to buy better quality food stuff. We are what we eat.

Check out went flawless and no one needed to leave the line to fetch something they forgot. I would have liked that. In line, I zipped and unzipped my jacket twice, reached in my pockets for nothing twice, and removed my hat twice to scratch my head (with my strong side arm.) Nothing noticed by the sheep who were content to eat grass.

Upon reaching my truck, once again, I knelt down (now both knees are soaking wet) and looked under my truck for stragglers. No one found. Placed my groceries in the back end by using the 360 degree method (lift bag, spin completely around and place it in the back. During the spin, my eyes were looking at who was near me and who would be. There was a nice Ford truck with a guy in it reading a paper. I made note of this license plate letters (all I could remember other than the color maroon of his truck.) Sat in my truck a full minute (listening to the tail end of a Lynard Skynard song I like), scanning the area for BG’s and then drove home.

This is my report of my first time carry at Meijer in Adrian.

Congratulations on your new permit. Glad your first experience went well. Continue to be alert and carry everywhere legal.

LOL, entertianing and tongue-in-cheek (I hope)

You may be disappointed at Cabelas. I was in the Phoenix (Glendale) store last week and noticed a sign at the entrance stating that firearms brought in for service/sales must be checked and unloaded.

At the bottom was a statement that this did NOT apply to those with concealed carry permits.

Very nice Cabelas--thanks for letting me know I was welcome. Try the venison brat--it's better than the bison.:D

I do most of my cover garment shopping at Cabelas (maybe a future assignment?)

This sounds like fun, can I get a copy of these instructions?

Absolutely! I'll put them online tomorrow. It will take me that long to figure out how to do it.

Also, I looked at the Nachos & Cheese. YUK! Never did like those. Opted for the sub sandwich. Sorry.

Finally, this was not done with tongue in cheek. I did exactly everything I wrote the way I wrote it. And I was as serious as I could be. It's just my personality that takes something serious and puts a new twist on it. Everyone is different. I guess I am more different than most.

Anyhoo, the run to Meijers was serious. Just like the new weight on my shoulders and the responsibility attached to my hip.

Life is short. Eat the desert first.

Michael

LOL Now that was a great report

I kept seeing Peter Sellers when reading your report. Did Kato jump out and attack?
Joe

Absolutely! I'll put them online tomorrow. It will take me that long to figure out how to do it.

Also, I looked at the Nachos & Cheese. YUK! Never did like those. Opted for the sub sandwich. Sorry.

Finally, this was not done with tongue in cheek. I did exactly everything I wrote the way I wrote it. And I was as serious as I could be. It's just my personality that takes something serious and puts a new twist on it. Everyone is different. I guess I am more different than most.

Anyhoo, the run to Meijers was serious. Just like the new weight on my shoulders and the responsibility attached to my hip.

Life is short. Eat the desert first.

Michael

Getting down in the slush on one knee to look under your truck when you got to the store was serious? Loved the 360 spin though. :D

My thoughts were of Mr Bean gets his permit. Great story, I read it all and that's saying something!

OUTSTANDING! Carry on!
6y2zcrl.gif

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back