My Next Weapon

stngray713

Hey folks. My question is not so much a what gun to buy as in make or model, but more of which style would you buy. I currently have a service model XD .45 which I love. For my next weapon I am torn between buying a compact or subcompact which would be easier to conceal, or a smaller BUG pocket gun type, or a 1911. I think every collection needs a 1911 but I probably would not use it as EDC, I could buy a compact or sub compact 1911 to satisfy the smaller gun need but I'm not sure if that counts as a "true" 1911. I don't care much for pocket guns but I keep hearing how people love them so it's on the list but low. So, what would you do? 1911 full size, or smaller, Subcompact, or pocket non 1911? I know the best bet is all 3, and hopefully I can do that in time but right now it can only be one.

Check list for each member of family...
Rifle, shotgun, primary pistol, back up gun. - After that, its a free for all! - Buy what make you happy!

I'm thinking that there are as many answers as contributors to this site. Every answer would come with an equally sufficient argument.

Be your own man and do what you want to do. In the end it is you that you have to make happy.

If you get a gun that you think is not quite right once you get it, do what I do, get another.

Hit the next gun show and touch them all or go to the supermarket and read all the gun reports in all the magazines. Just about every gun they test is the best thing since sliced bread.

It's the one's they don't rave about that you need not consider, but than again, you may be the one they designed that particular gun for.

Be a leader, not a follower;) Do this by yourself and then tell us what you did so we can then pick apart your decision:):) It's easier on us that way.

Good luck, hope I was some help to you! :):):)

KK

Your choice will be -- your choice. It all depends on your comfort level: are you tall? are your hands too big to handle a smaller gun? These are just two things to consider...I would love to be able to carry a 1911 but I can only fondle it and wish because of my physical stature and the size of my hands. I can point and shoot a 1911 using two hands while with my Glock 23 it is so much easier with one hand. My 380 is peanuts to handle but it only have 7 + 1 in the pipe...

So I went on a boat ride...

You could buy the Sig 250 2sum and have several options.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p250-2sum.aspx

Obviously it is my decision, and I am obviously my own man. I was more asking what would be more important on your list, a smaller easier to conceal weapon,(as mine prints from time to time) a pocket pistol to use as a BUG, or the more of an "eye candy" awesome gun that everyone should have but is not really going to be a practical EDC gun but it is still a must have. I wasn't trying to get at which model or you have to buy a Glock or any of that. Of course I am going to check out and handle any gun before I buy it. I was really just asking of the three types of guns how do you rank them on your list. I do have other weapons I can use should my current EDC need repairs or whatever. And I don't really feel the need to carry two at a time. I like the idea of an easier to conceal weapon but it doesn't seem as fun as a 1911. I could kill two birds with one stone and get a sub compact 1911 but is that kind of sacrilege over getting a full size model? I am really just trying to bounce some ideas around and get other opinions.

OK so no name gun...since it is not any of the above, let us deal with colour ones -- what is wrong with a purple or pink one??? J/K...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back