My new Toy !

S&WM&P40

So I was going to get the Tl-2 streamlight, but after looking for reviews on tactical handheld flashlights I found a review on a Coleman (yes Coleman as in camping gear). It's a 3AAA LED aluminum flashlight Cree Xlamp XR-C led 75 lumens. The package reads it has 8 hours of illumination (just got it last night so I can't tell you yes or no on that). It says the beam distance is 102m (idk about that haven't tried it) I can tell you that I just shot myself in the eye with it. Man did that suck felt sick lol and then could not see for like 1 to 2 mins after (I could see just not 100% I was seeing stars). It's more of a flood beam but it does have a spot light like beam in the center and it's nice as you can flood the target and put the Spot like on them and see great. It's O ring sealed at the end. It has a Tall Cap on/off button but it does not have a monetary on button. When you push the button you have to push it all the way in and turn it on. But then when it's on you can work the tall cap like a monetary on button. It comes with a lanyard but i see no reason why you could not remove it and add a dragon ring (is that what they call it?) I have no idea what you call it but i will try and tell you. The front of the flashlight has like a serrated front on it that would be great for face attacks ( lol sorry you will know what i mean when i post photos). The flashlight itself is 1'' in diameter from end to end it's 5''. They come in black or silver. Now the best part I picked this bad boy up at my local walmart in the sporting goods department. It was $17.96. I tried it out last night and man this thing lights up the night. Hit a trashcan about 15 to 20 feet from my house with it. It worked great could see everything and the light kept going (can't really tell how far it will go as street lights and other lights get in the way.) I will post photos when i can and beam shots tonight. Oh yeah it also comes with the three AAA bats you'll need.

I said in the review i picked it up at my local walmart in the sporting good department. They come in black or silver.

It's early I must have skipped that line haha....does it say how many watts it is? I have an 8 watt LED that's also bright enough to blind you but I paid like 60 bucks for it!! I'm gonna have to look for one next time I'm at wallyworld...thanks for the write up..

100_0286.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0284.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0283.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0282.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0281.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry I'm not the best at taking photos lol. I will also add the guys video review on the light. I will upload beam shots tonight.

YouTube - Coleman cree Xlamp XR-C LED Flashlight Review

Thanks for the info! I've never like the LED lights. Not enough lumens for me. If it as good as you say I might have to get one and try it out.

It's early I must have skipped that line haha....does it say how many watts it is? I have an 8 watt LED that's also bright enough to blind you but I paid like 60 bucks for it!! I'm gonna have to look for one next time I'm at wallyworld...thanks for the write up..

You got me on that one. I have no idea about watts or lumens I'm new to tactical flashlights. From what I have read I found this.

You can't convert directly between them. They are measuring completely different things.

Lumens measure the flux of a light being produced by a light source or received by a surface.

Watts measure the amount of power used.

They are different.
*he lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI unit of luminous flux,
a measure of the perceived power of light. Luminous flux differs from radiant flux, the measure of the total power of light emitted, in that luminous flux is adjusted to reflect the varying sensitivity of the human eye to different wavelengths of light. The lumen is defined in relation to the candela by

1 lm = 1 cd·sr = 1 lx·m2

That is, a light source that uniformly radiates one candela in all directions radiates a total of 4π lumens. If the source were partially covered by an ideal absorbing hemisphere, that system would radiate half as much luminous flux—only 2π lumens.

*If a light source emits one candela of luminous intensity uniformly across a solid angle of one steradian, its total luminous flux emitted into that angle is one lumen. Alternatively, an isotropic one-candela light source emits a total luminous flux of exactly 4π lumens. The lumen can be thought of casually as a measure of the total "amount" of visible light in some defined beam or angle, or emitted from some source.

A standard North American 100 watt incandescent light bulb emits 1500–1700 lumens,while a standard European 230 V model emits 1200–1400 lm.
A 100 watt high-pressure sodium vapor lamp emits around 15,000 lumens.

*The watt (symbol: W) is the SI derived unit of power, equal to one joule of energy per second. It measures a rate of energy use or production..

Thanks for the info! I've never liked the LED lights. Not enough lumens for me. If it as good as you say I might have to get one and try it out.
Like I said I'm new to the tactical light scene so I have no idea what your used to using or like. To me it's great just what I wanted and needed. The fact that it has such power and the serrated front is great. For the money it's great in my mind any way. It's such a low price that you can get one try and it out if and if you don't like it (hey it's walmart they take anything back even after you use it) Even if they wont take it back your only out like 20 dollars and can still use it for fishing or hunting or car work. So to me it's a great deal and I got what I wanted at a low price. To someone who has more money then god and has sure fires and other 60 to 200 lights. It may not be that great.

So i'm looking for something to carry my new toy in. Like i said it's about 1'' from top to bottom.. So will this light holder work for it?

Blackhawk Flashlight Holder with Mod-U-Lok Attachment

it says.

The Night-Ops Flashlight Mod-U-Lok™ holder was designed to allow the operator to securely hold many of the most commonly issued personal tactical lights with a 1.25” diameter bezel and a 1” diameter body. This holder is recommended for operators to carry their tactical lights in a bezel down carry mode, however, it will work in a bezel up configuration. This holder features BlackHawk’s new patent pending “Mod-U-Lok™” belt mounting attachment system. It allows the end user to mount the holder without having to strip accessories off of a duty or personal belt. Additionally the “Mod-U-Lok™” will allow the holder to be mounted at various angles for user comfort and ease of rapid deployment of the tactical light. An optional Blackhawk S.T.R.I.K.E. platform can be purchased separately that will attach to the holder as well for mounting on to any MOLLE vest or similar platform attachment option.

So i'm thinking it should right?

Thanks for the review and attaching the video. I'm going down to Walmart this afternoon and buying one! I've been looking at surefires (dreaming if you will) about affording a surefire flashlight. They are BIG bucks. Granted, they're powerfully bright. However, I like that Coleman for only $25 and it has a defensive bezel. I'll get one for me, the wife and my 17 yr old daughter. Three for less than half the cost of one Surefire. Hard to beat that.

Thanks for the review and attaching the video. I'm going down to Walmart this afternoon and buying one! I've been looking at surefires (dreaming if you will) about affording a surefire flashlight. They are BIG bucks. Granted, they're powerfully bright. However, I like that Coleman for only $25 and it has a defensive bezel. I'll get one for me, the wife and my 17 yr old daughter. Three for less than half the cost of one Surefire. Hard to beat that.

It's 25 dollars in your state? WOW, it's only 17.96 here in NH but we don't have sales tax up here. But it's still a great deal for the price and power of the light you get. Works great for blinding people and if needed you can use it for body stircks ( to the face for the most part). I have the beam shots i will try and post them up some time tonight. Surefires are over rated and over priced but hey if you have money coming out of your ears then go buy some. More and more tests are showing that the new LED flashlights coming out have more power then the 200 dollar surefire flashlights. One that comes to mind would be the Feinx flashlights for 80 down to 50 have more power and more extra stuff ( like SOS mod,Turbo mod,LOW,High,Strobe mod and a few others).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back