My New SBR

Amsdorf

VDMA VIDEOS
Here is a pic of my new SBR. It's a BCM and I'll post the specs ahead of the pictures.

I used the eForm system to file my Form 1 and created a trust. It's the way to go. Took 31 business days to get my Form 1 to be approved and to receive my tax stamp.

I also bought a suppressor for it, but the Form 4 is going take considerably longer to be approved.
BCM SBR

11.5” Barrel Upper Receiver Group w/Daniel Defense RISII (Dark Earth)
BCM Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Lower
BCMGunfighter Mod3 Charging Handle with Large Latch
BCMGunfighter Vertical Grip
Magpul Rail Covers
BCM BUIS (Troy) (front and rear)
BCMGunfighter Pistol Grip
Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) Trigger
BCMGunfighter Stock
Aimpoint T-1 on Larue QD (High Mount)

BCMSBR_zps03a3d84f.jpg~original

VIDEO HERE:

BCM Short Barreled Rifle (5.56 SBR) First Look - YouTube

Howdy Amsdorf,

Pretty cool!

31 business days for approval of a Form 1 is very quick.

What type of trust did you use, and if it was a free online trust how about a link to it.

As a shadetree machinist I would like to build a couple of suppressors and I would go the trust route as well.

I'll have to wait until I get home to connect to wifi before I can witch your video.

Paul

Update: First Shooting Session

I prepped the SBR for its first range session with Fireclean, following the instructions to the letter. Did a complete oil/grease strip, then heavy coat of Fireclean everywhere, on all component parts of the BCG and over the entire interior of the upper and let it sit over night. It definitely soaked in and I wiped off the excess and applied another thin coat everywhere. Very slick stuff, in more ways than one.

My goal in my first session was to get a good 50/200 yard zero on the rifle, both irons and Aimpoint T1 optic. I started with the irons, got them on paper and then from there got them to a nice compact group at 25 yards, about 2.5 inches below the bull, then went out to 50 with more than adequate groups.

Then red dot, same thing, shot for grouping at 25 yard and moved the optic in at about 2" below the bull or so, with nice tight groups, then out to 50 to confirm. Spot on.

Impressions of the rifle. I was suprised at the noticeably harsher recoil of the 11.5" barrel, with only a flash hider on it, and of course, a lot louder than standard 16" barrel on my other two ARs, but nothing "bad" ... it is a 5.56.

I put about 200 rounds through it without a hitch, both M855 green tip and some Federal Eagle stuff...no issues, the rifle cycled smoothly and quickly. With the Geissele trigger I am able to get shots off even more quickly. I ran a few quick strings to see how well it was cycling with the standard H buffer that comes with it. No issues.

It is a joy to shoulder the thing, so nice and compact. I practiced moving and shooting at multiple targets and felt very comfortable. it has a nice balance.

The jury is kind of out at this point on the BCM stock, I need to give it a bit of time to determine if I really want it on my stock. I did kind of miss my Magpul STR with the thicker rubber butt pad, but we shall see.

Controls functioned perfectly. Mags drop free very easily, etc.

I used "Guntrustlawyer" the online place. Everything went well. Just pay close attention to every detail of the instructions that they provide.

Howdy Amsdorf,

Thanks for the update!

Yep, a 11 1/2" barreled AR is louder than one with a 16" barrel.

While on AD I fired 1,000s of rounds through various M-16A1s and switched to a CAR-16 Commando w/ a 10 1/2" barrel and when I fired the first round it was like "Holy crap!" I had to look the rifle over to make sure nothing was broken because it was so much louder.

As far as the buttstock is concerned I guess I'm "Ol' School" because I like the GI stocks whether is a A1/2 rifle or a collapsible CAR stock. I like a long pull so I usually add a 1" spaced to the butt of a CAR collapsible stock.

I'll look into Guntrustlawyer

Paul

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back