My Makarov

grunt0341

Semper-fi to all,

I am a proud owner of a Makarov 9x18. I own a Fobus and a stiff uncomfortable leather IWB . Thanks to this forum I was turned on to the smart carry which I will purchase next spring. I am 5'11" and 240lbs and its seems to work for people my size according to what I've read. Unfortunately Makarov.com has closed down. Does anyone have any good websites for holsters or experiences on what works for you if you carry a Makarov?

Thanks
Grunt0341

Semper-fi to all,

I am a proud owner of a Makarov 9x18. I own a Fobus and a stiff uncomfortable leather IWB . Thanks to this forum I was turned on to the smart carry which I will purchase next spring. I am 5'11" and 240lbs and its seems to work for people my size according to what I've read. Unfortunately Makarov.com has closed down. Does anyone have any good websites for holsters or experiences on what works for you if you carry a Makarov?

Thanks
Grunt0341

I used to own a doublestack mak. I regret getting rid of it every day. Most walther PPK holsters fit nicely. my carry was SOB until i got in the vehicle. then it went in the console.:secret:

I think it's actually a lot closer (almost identical) in size to the PP (larger than the PPK). I prefer to carry mine is a shoulder rig with a light coat.

I think the Makarov is a good carry piece too. I'm working on carrying mine in a Coronado vest. I also have some Uncle Mike and DeSantis inside the pocket holster that I'm going to work with.

I like the way the thread title lined up under the OP's avatar. "My Makarov", with a picture of an 81mm mortar.

I think the Makarov is a good carry piece too. I'm working on carrying mine in a Coronado vest. I also have some Uncle Mike and DeSantis inside the pocket holster that I'm going to work with.

Inside the pocket? Fully loaded (8 + 1) mine is too heavy to put in a pocket. I think it kinda needs the support of a belt to feel comfortable.
I live in Greenfield IN where open carry is legal, and I have been using my IWB holster with shirt tucked in now that summer is here. I'd like a holster I can use that rides outside the waist band, but holster for Makarov/Walther PP seem a bit hard to find.

I originally started with a 9x18 Mak as my carry gun (it's still on my permit).

I also had a .380 Mak with adjustable rear sight that I really regret letting a friend talk me into selling to him. It seemed like it was more accurate than all the others. But I had four 9x18 Maks, and one .380, and I was always afraid that I'd mix up the calibers.

One thing to watch is the spring tension on the hammer spring - some of the old hammer springs wind up getting a little weak and causing no-fires with dented primers. I wound up replacing a couple of them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back