My Glock 30 has been dropped several times

Does a constant flow of margarine flow through you veins.

I dropped my S&W mod. 36 as it slipped and fell out of a uncle mike ibw holster heading towards the rest room at a home depot. No one saw what happened but I sure felt like a putz. A good holster is important after all Audie Murphy never dropped his.

Haven't droped one yet.. and don't plan on it either. Been carrying for over 10 years.
If you can't hang on to it.. maybe just leave it at home.

I totally agree with the guys who say get a good holster and a kydex lined gun belt. It doesn't make sense to spend $500 and up on a carry gun, and then cheap out on the carry gear. Without a good rig, your gun will be moving around and not be where you expect it to be when you need it. Also, if your rig is not comfortable, you will be patting and adjusting your gun all day, which aside from being a pain in the butt, it will be like wearing a neon sign that says,"I'm carrying a gun."
I fell and broke a piece off the top of my shin bone the size of a hockey puck. My G36 popped out of the holster and went cartwheeling down the floor 10 feet from where I fell. If that didn't make it go bang, or break it, it ought to be good for the occasional ding.
Safety is very important, but if someone tell you that he carries a lot and his gun is pristine, It's either a new, newly refinished gun, or BS. Nobody is perfect.

I totally agree with the guys who say get a good holster and a kydex lined gun belt. It doesn't make sense to spend $500 and up on a carry gun, and then cheap out on the carry gear. Without a good rig, your gun will be moving around and not be where you expect it to be when you need it. Also, if your rig is not comfortable, you will be patting and adjusting your gun all day, which aside from being a pain in the butt, it will be like wearing a neon sign that says,"I'm carrying a gun."
I fell and broke a piece off the top of my shin bone the size of a hockey puck. My G36 popped out of the holster and went cartwheeling down the floor 10 feet from where I fell. If that didn't make it go bang, or break it, it ought to be good for the occasional ding.
Safety is very important, but if someone tell you that he carries a lot and his gun is pristine, It's either a new, newly refinished gun, or BS. Nobody is perfect.

It's my understand that if you pop a few rounds into your assailant, you will never get your gun back. Make sense to make to keep the nice Jewelry locked up.

It's my understand that if you pop a few rounds into your assailant, you will never get your gun back. Make sense to make to keep the nice Jewelry locked up.
I don't know about never getting it back, but you might as well kiss it goodbuy for at least 2 or 3 years,.............this is exactly why I carry one of the Glocks, instead of the Springfield or Sig:angry:

wooddoctor;222475[B said:
]It's my understand that if you pop a few rounds into your assailant, you will never get your gun back.[/B] Make sense to make to keep the nice Jewelry locked up.

Unfortunately, that is more than likely.

Sure they have man! But this is like prime pickings for the type of guy that feels better by putting others down instead of lifting others up! Don't worry about it the Glock can take a licking as they say and most def keep ticking. I dont know why but it seems that some people the more they know about guns the less social skills they posses.

When Gaston Glock invented the gun he demonstrated its drop safety feature by throwing it out of a plane at 5000 ft onto a concrete pad numerous times. Nothing happened except it chipped the concrete.

Haveing several handguns, Glocks, Sig, Springfield, Taurus, Ruger, I would sooner trust the Glock to take a beating, and still work before any of the others, and we have a ton of rds threw all of them, the only ones that were a little fussy when new were the Taurus's, all the others, 2000 - 3000 rds each and not so much as a hiccup, one of the Glocks hit the floor once, but still never had a issue with it, we have a training officer that has a couple of old Glocks he uses, have seen him take this one old 17 and pitch it against a wall, chip the concreat, hit the floor, he picks it up puts in a mag, racks it and emptys the mag, no problems, he had one soak in a rain barrel outside the range building, said it was in that barrel for 2 weeks? gets it out pulled the trigger and bang, I dont thing I would ever do any nasty stuff like that even to a junk gun, but its nice to know the gun could take it if it had to

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back