My first carry experience

IWB doesn't matter who makes them, they take getting used to. Get one that covers the safety. This is not just for your comfort but keeps your body from taking off the safety. One day or two will not tell you nothing about your holster.
As far as the guns you mentioned. What ever you can shoot good is what is a good carry gun and if it makes a bang when you pull the trigger every time.

This is exactly what I have, down to the williams firesights. I did get cowhide instead of horsehide. :man_in_love:
If you are not used to the Heine sights you will shoot low. The firesights are the same height as factory, so same problem. I pulled the front fiber optic and drilled a lower hole in the front sight then put the fiber in it. After a little testing I will file off the top of the front sight to POA. I can't find short sights for this gun. It does go bang everytime.

Good luck.

Jes,

You're right, I did shoot low as heck! How are we supposed to align the sights to shoot on point? I re-placed the order for the Williams sights, as optics planet was backordered. I should have them in a few weeks. I definitely could use some help with shooting straight with this gun.

I ran 120 rounds thru it... I had 2 Failures to Feed, but I was really limpwristing it on purpose to see if I could get it to do it. Firmer grip, zero problems. I was shooting speer lawman 230 gr rounds, and then speer gold dot hollowpoints.

For a tucked in short, One holster that is not well advertised is the 'Cell Pal' at Conceled Comfort Cell Pal Concealed Carry Holster Total Concealment undercover ccw armed citizens conceled weapon permit no fanny packs deep cover covert carry . I saw one at a gun show recently and tried it. The company claims the holster will fit almost any gun, and it may. It fits my Walther .380 very well, my Taurus .357 well, and my Springfield XD-40 Subcompact fair. I should say all three guns fit well, but the Springfield adds a little too much bulk. Since it also works as a cell phone holder, it does exceptional double duty.

Drawing and re-holstering take some practice, but with just a little practice, it becomes very easy.

One suggestion: Don't wear pants so tight your belly hangs over your belt -- this decreases the comfort of the holster.

I'll keep using my El Paso Saddlery Yaqui Slide holster for the Springfield XD-40 when I can wear a shirt not tucked in.

For a tucked in short, One holster that is not well advertised is the 'Cell Pal' at Conceled Comfort Cell Pal Concealed Carry Holster Total Concealment undercover ccw armed citizens conceled weapon permit no fanny packs deep cover covert carry . I saw one at a gun show recently and tried it. The company claims the holster will fit almost any gun, and it may. It fits my Walther .380 very well, my Taurus .357 well, and my Springfield XD-40 Subcompact fair. I should say all three guns fit well, but the Springfield adds a little too much bulk. Since it also works as a cell phone holder, it does exceptional double duty.

Drawing and re-holstering take some practice, but with just a little practice, it becomes very easy.

One suggestion: Don't wear pants so tight your belly hangs over your belt -- this decreases the comfort of the holster.

I'll keep using my El Paso Saddlery Yaqui Slide holster for the Springfield XD-40 when I can wear a shirt not tucked in.

A vendor at 2 recent Virginia Gun shows out my way had a similar design... in fact, it was essentially identical, although I was not impressed with the finish on his leather work. There were 2 problems with this design for me. 1. I have an iphone in a case, and they didn't make a case big enough to work for that... and 2. I have no ass, so I have to keep my belt tighter than would allow for a good draw with this method without my pants falling around my ankles. :biggrin:

Finished sight

Jes,

You're right, I did shoot low as heck! How are we supposed to align the sights to shoot on point? I re-placed the order for the Williams sights, as optics planet was backordered. I should have them in a few weeks. I definitely could use some help with shooting straight with this gun.

I ran 120 rounds thru it... I had 2 Failures to Feed, but I was really limpwristing it on purpose to see if I could get it to do it. Firmer grip, zero problems. I was shooting speer lawman 230 gr rounds, and then speer gold dot hollowpoints.

mini.ben:
I finished modifying the Williams firesights to shoot POA. It is not really that difficult. Forgive the half-a** paint and file work. I think NOVAK makes tritium sights for the PT24/7 that should fit the PT145 dovetail if you want to try to order custom sights. PM me if you want instructions on the sight mod. Only tools are a drill or drill press and a file.
Link Removed
Link Removed

Jes... no need to keep this private man, I vote you post it up there for everyone else that'll follow in our footsteps. I can't tell you how many times I've found threads a few years old that had good info for me to read. In fact, I suggest you make a whole new thread about your mod buddy!

Ok, here it is from a big (fat?) guy, 6 ft 2in, 2 75: have tried many types of concealed carry, none really comfortable/accessible. After some intense handgun training (Frontsight), I'm convinced the optimal carry for fast, defensive handgun work is strong side on the hip. In the past, this drags my pants down and concealment is an issue. I now carry my Taurus 1911 (big gun) in a Mernickle slide holster on the strong side hip and I wear something (coat, jacket, vest) to conceal it. When I sit at my desk, I put the gun in my desk drawer and loosen my belt for comfort. When I arm up, I simply cinch my belt a bit tighter, slip on my vest (in the summer) and I'm good to go. The .45 is big, but it's slim and this all works OK. I carry 24/ 7 and don't even notice the weapon anymore. My biggest adjustment was to always wear something to conceal it. As I said, in the w arm weather, a leather vest or "shooters" vest works great. As per training at Frontsight, I can get that weapon out and put a controlled pair in the thorasic cavity within 1.5 seconds at 7 yards.

JJFlash

i use a mitch rosen agr for my kahr p9. its almost absent from thought, it is so comfortable. it does take a little while to break in but the comfort is worth the high price. like most thiongs, you get what you pay for.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back