My AR15 Pistol custom build...PHOTO INTENSIVE

Red Hat

I decided to build an AR15 Pistol. I purchased a virgin receiver and signed for it as a pistol receiver. I used an old 20" barrel I had lying around and cut it down to about 10". I decided to make my buffer tube so there would be no question that a stock wouldn't fit on it.

I started by cutting off an old barrel, turning it in my lathe and threading the barrel.

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

The Gas Block fits.

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

Making my Buffer tube.

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

Cutting the threads.

IMG_1846.jpg

I decided to turn it down in the middle so I could pur Para-Cord on it.

IMG_1854.jpg

Drilling the tube.

IMG_1859.jpg

Bead blasted and mounted.

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

I just needed to put Dura-Coat on the buffer and it's done.

IMG_1888.jpg

Finished pistol.

Img_2123PIX.jpg

Nice. Are you allowed to carry an AR-15 pistol with a permit in your state? If so, do you plan to carry it?

No we can't. I wish we could though. The law specifies a handgun with less than a 12" barrel. It will go in my truck!:biggrin:

Very nice work Red Hat! I'm not a big AR15 pistol fan but that one turned out nice! I really like how the buffer tube.

Very nice product and excellent pictures to go with it. You do very good work and should be proud of your new pistol!

I put a couple other goodies on it. First the Hogue Pistol Grip. I really like the feel and probably will order a few more for my other AR's. I also installed a Jard 1 1/2 lb trigger assembly. The 1 1/2 lb trigger pull really makes it shoot nice.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back