My 100th...

Samurai

I was trying to come up with something, somewhat interesting for my 100th post. So yesterday, I was driving home, minding my own business (in other words: not paying attention) when I missed my usual cut off. I took the next one. of which I wasn't quite familiar with, and all off a sudden, I saw red and blue lights in my rear view mirror. The sheriff got out of his vehicle asked me for my license and insurance verification. While reaching for my insurance card, he instructed me that he had pulled me over for doing 44 in a 30. He asked me if I was in a hurry, and I admitted that I was just not paying attention. so I then handed him both my driver's and concealed licenses, as was instructed by the DPS officer who taught my CCW class.
The sheriff asked me if I was carrying my weapon with me, and I told him it was in my backpack on the opposite seat. He then asked me, "What are you carrying?" and I replied, "A Kimber Tactical Ultra II".
He nodded and said, "Good choice."
He walked away and a few minutes later came back with his ticket book. I had all but decided that I was not getting out of this one. In Texas, going half again as fast as the posted speed, I calculated is usually good for about a hundred and fifty dollar ticket. The Sheriff then handed me back my licenses and insurance card and said, "I'm only giving you a written warning this time, so slow it and down and be safe."
My CHL got me out of a second ticket since I've had it.
later - Sam

I am glad you had a good experience with the LEO. Congratulations on your 100th post. Thanks for joining in.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back