multi carry guns

Rocketgeezer

I'm sure this has been put up before, but we were talking at work today, and the subject came up, how many of you guys carry more than one gun, and what they may be ??????

Yep, because two is one, and one is none. You never know.

I carry an XD 40 subcompact in a crossbreed iwb, and a S&W bodyguard 380 in my pocket. Always.

I always carry guns in pairs, mostly 1911's, lately it's been Glock's, or .44 SPL revolvers.

Mostly cargo shorts in the Texas summers so just one in the smartcarry. Winter, spring and fall.....Tauras PT145 .45 IWB & Kel-Tec .380 on the ankle.

Similar setup for me

I carry an XDm .45 IWB in a Theis hybrid holster on my strong side and a BG380 in my weak side front pocket. I typically carry at least one extra magazine, if not two, for each gun as well.

99% of the time I carry two. 75% of that I carry a .380 Walther PPK/S and a .22lr Walther TPH with a Advanced Armament Prodigy .22 Suppressor. The other 25% of the time (mostly winter) I carry a Kimber 1911 Ultra CDP II .45 and a North American Arms .22 Magnum.

Yep, because two is one, and one is none. You never know.

I carry an XD 40 subcompact in a crossbreed iwb, and a S&W bodyguard 380 in my pocket. Always.

How do you like the 40? I have XD-9 subcompact and I was thinking abou adding the 40, hows it for muzzle flip, and general recoil ?........I had a Glock 27 and really got rid of it, because of the recoil

I carry whatever the hell I want in as many as I freaking feel like.

How do you like the 40? I have XD-9 subcompact and I was thinking abou adding the 40, hows it for muzzle flip, and general recoil ?........I had a Glock 27 and really got rid of it, because of the recoil

Honestly, I love it. It is a bit snappy, but it IS a .40 after all. I have no issues with follow up shots, and I definitely feel like it is accurate and dependable enough for me to bet my life on it.

Honestly, I love it. It is a bit snappy, but it IS a .40 after all. I have no issues with follow up shots, and I definitely feel like it is accurate and dependable enough for me to bet my life on it.

Thanks, so basicly its about the same as the Glock-27, which I had, and I had no real issue with it, just needed something to trade for something else and the 27 got the vote, its just that the XD-9 I have now seems to feel a bit better than the Glock

Shh.... My wife doesn't know about the little guns! Nothing like an ankle holster or a cargo pocket.

So on an average day, how many do you carry???
To answer your question..........two to three for an average day. And there might be another in the car... but there most certainly WILL be one more in the wife's purse. I know where her gun is if she is down and I need it and she knows where mine are if I'm down and she needs one.

The following are general comments...

I spent quite some time at the range working on mag changes/drawing a back up gun.. and that particular range allowed just about anything that was done safely... and discovered that being an old fart it was easier, faster, and much more reliable for me to grab another gun than to mess around trying to clear a jam or (especially) change a magazine while moving sideways/backwards around purposefully set barricades/obstacles while trying to protect and guide an innocent with me... or while falling on my arse/crawling/rolling around on the ground. All too often, at least for me, trying to manage a perfect mag change/rack/shoot resulted in a dropped mag and no rack/no shoot/ooops screwed that one up and if this was for real I was dead. But just reaching for another already loaded gun that works was faster and more reliable (at least for me) than messing with a gun that no longer worked. Ummm...perhaps I should mention that being able to shoot almost equally as well with either hand also helps with carrying multiple guns because it allows guns to be carried anywhere accessible to either left or right hand....

Y'all DO practice shooting one handed with both right and left hand... right?

Oh... and multiple guns add up to a larger available round count just like spare mags do...the only difference is with the spare mag already in the gun the gun is ready to go as is.

And no... I don't give a rat's behind if my gun gets dropped/thrown into the dirt. My carry guns are working guns... tools that are expected to get scratched/dirty/have wear marks... useful only for saving my arse... not a Rembrandt to hang on the wall and admire.

Not to mention that anything mechanical can malfunction, and generally will at the worst possible time, so to put all my faith in just one gun is silly. And............ if the gun does malf and the bad guy picks it up he is a really nice stationary target while HE farts around trying to clear a jam.

Two is one because one can malf when you need it most and if you only have one that malf'ed you are screwed.... and three gives more rounds.

Just the reasons for the decisions I made for the way I carry. Being a free country Y'all can make your own decisions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back