Mt Vernon, NH Murder

cja1987

Was gonna post in NH forum but thought it was important enough for more to see.

Link Removed

These kids chose an isolated house at random and killed a mother with a machete and seriously injured the daughter.

This whole case scares the crap out of me. This lady had seemingly zero chance to survive.

Your dealing with 4 attackers, your only option is to HAVE A GUN BY YOUR SIDE!!! It still appears unknown if the assailants entered through an unlocked door (common in rural NH) or forced entry. Either way, another almost necessary component to home defense is an alarm/some kind of audible signal to you.

I don't sleep that heavily and like to think I would hear somebody in my house as I wake up at even the slightest out of the ordinary noise but you just never know.

This scares me, my mother is a widow, often home alone and does not show any interest in owning/operating a firearm. There is only one in the house if my brother or I happen to be there. Brother sleeps there fairly often so that's good but still. She says she hears everything but I know for a fact you could shoot the door open and she might wake up after about 12 shots. Shes one of those who thinks the Police will be there in time.

As this case showed, these things happen wayyy too quick for the cops to be able to do anything. Ive had more antis tell me recently "thats what cops are for". Well tell me, when you call the cops and say somebody is about to kill you with a machete (if you even get the time), they are gonna show up and surround the house until they think its safe to go in or they have back up, whatever. Its gonna take alot longer than the 2-5min response time before they make entry. You could be dead 1000X over.

Sorry had to vent. Always have a gun loaded and within reach in your home.

I have a monitored alarm system in my home. As a back-up I have a killer Golden Retriever.

OK the truth, my dog is scared of her own shadow but she does bark really loud when someone comes to the door or when someone she does not know enters the house.

More than enough time to wake up and get my weapon.

It is too bad that some people don't understand the need for self defense.

A loaded gun would not have helped if she was a sleep when they attacked her. It might have only given the youths a loaded gun. However a few simple measures taken might well have awakened her in time to get her gun. First a simple home style alarm on the inside of the door such as a wind chime would certainly have made some noise. You got to love a dog for that too. We are not given much info on whether or not the door was locked or a window was the first point of entry. Out in the country where this took place over confidence is common place. Thus she may not have even had her door locked. Simple inexpensive safe guards that can be put in place easily should be what is being offered not the if she had a gun she would have been all right. Perhaps she did have a gun. What she needed was prior warning which she obviously did not get. So boys how would you advise the people with or with out guns to make sure they know when someone comes in their house in time to do something? Even if it is only to call the police.

Get a good alarm system with all doors and windows on it. Also some glass breaks and a motion detector and a cellular back up. Have it monitored and make sure it is armed when you go to bed. I have these plus security bars plus a Pomeranian that can hear things a block away. Unlikely anyone will get in my house but if they do I will be awake and waiting for them.

+1 with the barking dog 'alarm'.

+1 with keeping loaded home-defense firearms in the same room.

+1 with never thinking "it won't happen here" just because it has yet to happen there.

If they come in the nite to visit me, here's what awaits: 3 dogs (used to be Rottweilers, now Labs but I got a lab who will bite and they all bark), locked windows/doors, motion detectors, a gun within reach in several rooms in the house, guns and tactical stuff by my bed, and a wife who knows how to handle a pistol. Don't understand folks who live in rural areas without at least 2 dogs, locks, and firearms; fact is, I don't understand anyone who lives anywhere wthout these things. If it was my Mom, I would take a STRONG stand on the issue of personal safety. Just me.

F####ng dirtbags...a machete...what a lousy way to die. I'd a shoved the thing up their asses, repeatedly.

Hey ya'll, while we're on the topic of dirtbags, my son and a couple of his friends told me recently that a favorite tactic for gang initiation is to send the newbie out with his car headlights off. The first motorist who flicks their lights at him, as a signal that his lights are off, is targeted for being killed. Anyone else heard anything like this?

Hey ya'll, while we're on the topic of dirtbags, my son and a couple of his friends told me recently that a favorite tactic for gang initiation is to send the newbie out with his car headlights off. The first motorist who flicks their lights at him, as a signal that his lights are off, is targeted for being killed. Anyone else heard anything like this?

I first heard that 6 or more years ago. Would not doubt it though I can't dig up any documented cases.

Nonetheless, I don't flash my lights at anyone who drives by me with them off, I'm not a cop and if they are approaching in the oncoming lane and not about to hit me, they have passed out of my life and its not my problem.

If your really worried about the drivers safety or the safety of others call the cops.

Though every time I forget the lights somebody is flashing at me within 1 min.

If they come in the nite to visit me, here's what awaits: 3 dogs (used to be Rottweilers, now Labs but I got a lab who will bite and they all bark), locked windows/doors, motion detectors, a gun within reach in several rooms in the house, guns and tactical stuff by my bed, and a wife who knows how to handle a pistol. Don't understand folks who live in rural areas without at least 2 dogs, locks, and firearms; fact is, I don't understand anyone who lives anywhere wthout these things. If it was my Mom, I would take a STRONG stand on the issue of personal safety. Just me.

F####ng dirtbags...a machete...what a lousy way to die. I'd a shoved the thing up their asses, repeatedly.

I heard about the flashing light thing 20 years ago or so. but it hasn't been a problem around here. at least I haven't heard it being a problem around here. maybe they do something else in this area to prove themselves. I know there are quite a few gangs in the flint area..... I hate that city.. if you ever come to michigan try to avoid flint!

F'in dirtbags. We have 2 dogs, Black Lab who barks loud and growls menacingly at the door at the slightest sound....while wagging his tail. But the guy on the other side of the door doesn't know his tail is wagging! And we have a pointer who barks when the lab barks. Outside of that, we are heavily armed and have a gun within reach at night.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back