MSM Article: Police Becoming More Militarized As Wars Wind Down

MI .45

MI .45
Link Removed

Read between the lines on this one, (i.e. "I agree to a certain extent its overkill but for the cost, for $2000, yes its what we need." said Officer Holmes.) So, for $2000 we now need this thing (even though it's admittedly overkill)...? Seriously? Listen to yourself, officer - you're simply spewing government wordspeak.

One of the article comments (there are some interesting ones): If history has taught us anything, it's if you put something like this into police hands, they will find a reason to use it. Owning it becomes the justification for deploying it. I used to think the Posse Comitatus Act was enough to protect us from a dictator using the military.

The folks are becoming more and more aware of the encroaching police state but is it too late?

Just like the Tasers. While they were once touted to be the last option before using lethal force has now morphed into a compliance/torture device. Refuse to sign a traffic ticket or jay walk, get tased.

You're absolutely correct, Blue's; my meager but valiant attempt at positive rhetoric.

No need to explain. I go back and forth between complete cynicism and attempts to stay positive. What I've found for myself (not trying to influence how you or anyone else views it) is that those attempts at positivity are really nothing more than succumbing to self-deception and self-delusion. I'd rather be a real cynic than a deluded happy-happy-happy guy (as Phil Robertson might say :tongue:). It does me no good to fool myself into believing something that isn't true, or in thinking that my vote matters a wit anymore, or that politicians will one day grow a conscience and start working to restore our rights rather than further encroach upon them. I am learning more and more to be comfortable with my cynicism, to embrace it even. It makes me face hard realities. After my misspent youth, I've learned to enjoy reality. LOL

Blues

No need to explain. I go back and forth between complete cynicism and attempts to stay positive. What I've found for myself (not trying to influence how you or anyone else views it) is that those attempts at positivity are really nothing more than succumbing to self-deception and self-delusion. I'd rather be a real cynic than a deluded happy-happy-happy guy (as Phil Robertson might say :tongue:). It does me no good to fool myself into believing something that isn't true, or in thinking that my vote matters a wit anymore, or that politicians will one day grow a conscience and start working to restore our rights rather than further encroach upon them. I am learning more and more to be comfortable with my cynicism, to embrace it even. It makes me face hard realities. After my misspent youth, I've learned to enjoy reality. LOL

Blues

Not only do I like this, it is also exactly how I think and feel. Now I only have to explain to my therapist why I think like Blues...:laugh:

Young, steroid crazed warrior cops seem to be more common. Itchy trigger fingers who can't wait to take the fight to the people.

Sad thing is, many older LEOs appear to be wearing this mindset on their sleeves.

Things aren't going to go well for government, LE, or citizens if this keeps up.

Wish we could do something to change it, that doesn't involve massive loss of lives.

Not only do I like this, it is also exactly how I think and feel. Now I only have to explain to my therapist why I think like Blues...:laugh:
Don't talk about seeing a therapist, even if you don't! Will get you on a prohibited persons list!:sarcastic:

This whole country has been turned upside down by this sociopathic, narcissistic, moslem, communist, dictator wanna be. I am not a sheep and, unlike jewish relatives who were and ended up dead in the 30s germany, someone will go to hell before I go to heaven if they come to my home uninvited. I despise this federal government that has turned this country into what it is now--an asylum run by its inmates--this just filters down to the local police. Barney fife is no more, just like a president and his thugs who do not respect the constitution, just like a congress that respects their voters is no more, just like a supreme court that is nothing but a mouthpiece for the imbecile in the whitehouse. Whether anything changes--I do not know--I am 72 and most of what is left will not affect me much. I look at my grandchildren and feel sorry and ashamed, but I surely will not back down on anyone, anytime, anywhere--not at my home.

The push towards militarized police forces started long before Obama was His Heinous, the King. Happened across this site today. The title of the page is very descriptive of its content:

Everything on the page is a graphic, as opposed to text, including the sources it gives at the bottom of the page for what you find on the graphics. I don't like links that aren't clickable, and so therefore, am viewing the information presented as somewhat suspect, but then again, the information seems consistent with my observations over the years. I would encourage anyone to check out the site for themselves, but will post a couple or three of the graphics here to show you what to expect there:

Militarization_of_the_US_Police_Forces_ArrestRecordscom_Blog-01.jpg

Militarization_of_the_US_Police_Forces_ArrestRecordscom_Blog-02j.jpg

Militarization_of_the_US_Police_Forces_ArrestRecordscom_Blog-03.jpg

70,000+ no-knock raids a year (192+/day) and over 150 SWAT interventions PER DAY... and the authorities would like us to believe that 99%+ of these actions are justified, the police were "just doing their jobs" regardless of outcome, operator behavior is beyond reproach, warrants have been properly vetted, proper protocol is always followed, suspects are safe in the hands of the police, JUSTICE is served...

Base line statistics alone makes all of the above nonsense. Most of the police raids by SWAT teams or overwhelming force, nonsense. Safety and upholding individual rights, nonsense. It simply cannot be done on the scale currently enacted by law enforcement, nor do they want it done. The people WILL conform to our commands and we WILL enforce the dictates of the power elite.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back