MRE Question.

Canis-Lupus

With quite a few vendors of those Meals Rejected by Ethiopians, aka MRE's, the cuisine of the desperate, or starving, I'm overwhelmed with searching (Google) hits with hazy words like 'fresh' or 'new' and 'cheap' is IMHO a metaphor for nearing expired! Looking for a reputable on-line vendor that can deliver cases of 2010-12 expiration dates, or later rats. I'd prefer LRRP's, but I ain't even sure if those light 'power packs' even exist anymore. Made in the USA would B great. Does anyone on this group have a tried & tested suggested link for late-date expiration either? Thanks in advance for any leads. Please reply to the entire group, after the election I/we may need something to eat if the NWO, natural disaster, terrorist attack, etc., closes the supermarkets and/or the states start rationing our food, expired MRE's! Sorry if this info has been posted B 4 but I don't check into this forum as much as I should. :victory:
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

That is a good question. I am glad you asked that. I would also like to know where to look for the best. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject for us.

With quite a few vendors of those Meals Rejected by Ethiopians, aka MRE's, the cuisine of the desperate, or starving, I'm overwhelmed with searching (Google) hits with hazy words like 'fresh' or 'new' and 'cheap' is IMHO a metaphor for nearing expired! Looking for a reputable on-line vendor that can deliver cases of 2010-12 expiration dates, or later rats. I'd prefer LRRP's, but I ain't even sure if those light 'power packs' even exist anymore. Made in the USA would B great. Does anyone on this group have a tried & tested suggested link for late-date expiration either? Thanks in advance for any leads. Please reply to the entire group, after the election I/we may need something to eat if the NWO, natural disaster, terrorist attack, etc., closes the supermarkets and/or the states start rationing our food, expired MRE's! Sorry if this info has been posted B 4 but I don't check into this forum as much as I should. :victory:
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

I bet this reply makes you go crazy --- After reading many forums with your comments in them I really think you are one beer short of a six pack.... !!! I really think you need to go to the VA for a check up... You need help !!!

MREdepot.com Home Page

I have purchased from them before, and they seem to be the only ones that I can find with the following info:

11/14/07 Manufacture Date, 11/2010 Inspection Date

All the others seem to be outdated.

They also have some deals on long term storage foods, as well as freeze dried. Some of the items sell on Ebay, but you have to check the prices against their website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Palmach.
$80 a pop, not bad with an 11/2010 Inspection Date. That was normally when our G-S4 certified them edible/undamaged for another <10 years, S/L @ 60F. They have changed a bit, and beat what I have found so far online, book-marked. USDA inspection stamp is a plus.
Cheers :thank_you2:

Canis-Lupus

If you read further, these are legitimate and legal. Not your typical stamped not for sale, US GOVT. These were purchased from a contractor that was forced to scale back their operations in Iraq.

From what I can tell through my research, they are the best on the market right now.

Ive used this site for several things, though not MRE......worth a shot?
Link Removed

MRE's rock i love them. I get the US gov ones from people in the Guard. I had a few box's kicking around lol i think i gave them away. mredepot is the way to go 100% USA Gov MRE's. I am not going to stock pile MRE's lol was whats the point. If every thing goes to shit we can just do what our founding fathers did. USE THE LAND.. Hunt off it,grow food,fish,build our homes. We run out of bullets use a Bow and arrow. +1 Doc and his Glock lol!!!!!!

Last edited:
I prefer to plan ahead and stock up rather than wait and hope I could live off the land. A lot more people and less game and land than when the founding fathers started this country. Also most of us have become soft from our easy life style unlike the founders. A lot of Americans would die if thrown into that life style.

6,ooo,ooo people living of the land will be eating each other .Food supply for a week is a great idea and people who don't are not responsible for others I hope.:warning2:

LOL, you need to subtract some people from that 6,000,000 people. As every one in Gov will be in under ground bunkers with enough food for years/ways to make/breed there own food. It's just sad that people have forgotten how to live off the land,track, build stuff from the land. On top of that 6,000,000 number would drop off even more. As said before "IF this so called event you are stocking up for happens" ER's have said they would not treat people over the age limit. So all the old people would be SOL and die off there is a few less people. Not even talking about the people that would die in the first few hours/days of the event. Or the people who would be killed off after by other people. So there would be more then enough land to live off trust me on that you just have to have to skill and know how to do so. What the hell do you think the Amish people have been doing for years and years. LOL this whole thing is just to funny to post in.

Last edited:
LOL, you need to subtract some people from that 6,000,000 people. As every one in Gov will be in under ground bunkers with enough food for years/ways to make/breed there own food. It's just sad that people have forgotten how to live off the land,track, build stuff from the land. On top of that 6,000,000 number would drop off even more. As said before "IF this so called event you are stocking up for happens" ER's have said they would not treat people over the age limit. So all the old people would be SOL and die off there is a few less people. Not even talking about the people that would die in the first few hours/days of the event. Or the people who would be killed off after by other people. So there would be more then enough land to live off trust me on that you just have to have to skill and know how to do so. What the hell do you think the Amish people have been doing for years and years. LOL this whole thing is just to funny to post in.

How is it sad that most people were not raised to live off the land. Many people grow up in cities. They were never taught how to hunt, track, live off the land, and build stuff.

It doesn't take a "So Called Event" to warrant preparations. I have lived through many major hurricanes, including Andrew. We were without power for 17 days. You take preparations seriously after living through a catastrophic event.

Then there is the issue of hunkering down until the dust settles in many events. This is to avoid just what you spoke of, which is being killed or having to kill others in order to protect life and property.

To somehow compare the average American to the Amish is ridiculous. These people are born into a society and community which teaches them these skills from birth.

How is it funny exactly in a world that seems to be falling apart for people to stash some extra food and supplies to not be caught off guard if something major were to happen?

Based on your thinking, I would suggest that rather than trying to get your M&P, that you fashion a bow and arrow the way the Indians did in order to maximize the experience of living off the land and fending for yourself and your family.

LOL, i already have that skill. It's called Cub scouts/boy scouts/girl scouts/4H. I was not comparing the Amish to the rest of us. I said they have been doing it for years. Yes if you live in a area that has things like that having supply's is a good idea. All i was saying as others have said on here this whole DOOMS DAY TALK IS TOTAL CRAP. OMG OMABA will take power the end of the world is coming that's crap. As Tatboy and others have been saying get real. Your right most people do not have the skills "But if this so call dooms day ever happens" you will learn the skills fast or die. There are a lot of people now who know how to live off the land they are called FRAMER"S. The military also teaches people how to live off the land. Look at the USMC mountain warfare training center. You take that course they teach you how to track,trap, make your own cooking tools, make fire. All the basic skills you need you live.There is all this talk about dooms day on here when OBAMA takes office. Well don't you think you should start learning how to hunt and live off the land. How long will your supply's last? A week? 6 months? a year? then what? what happens after you run out?

LOL, i already have that skill. It's called Cub scouts/boy scouts/girl scouts/4H. I was not comparing the Amish to the rest of us. I said they have been doing it for years. Yes if you live in a area that has things like that having supply's is a good idea. All i was saying as others have said on here this whole DOOMS DAY TALK IS TOTAL CRAP. OMG OMABA will take power the end of the world is coming that's crap. As Tatboy and others have been saying get real. Your right most people do not have the skills "But if this so call dooms day ever happens" you will learn the skills fast or die. There are a lot of people now who know how to live off the land they are called FRAMER"S. The military also teaches people how to live off the land. Look at the USMC mountain warfare training center. You take that course they teach you how to track,trap, make your own cooking tools, make fire. All the basic skills you need you live.There is all this talk about dooms day on here when OBAMA takes office. Well don't you think you should start learning how to hunt and live off the land. How long will your supply's last? A week? 6 months? a year? then what? what happens after you run out?

Those of us that believe the Bible believe it is coming, The only area we may differ in is how soon. For us it is not Dooms Day Crap. It is prophesy. For those of you that do not believe in God you may believe something different. That is your perogotive.

I believe in a higher power yes. Does that mean i have to Believe in dooms day NO.. Sounds like the crap from the year 1999. In the year 2000 the world will end a huge asteroid will hit earth.. Well it's almost Nine years later and we are still here. Is there a higher power? yes i like to think so, if you follow the bible, then what good will stocking up do any of us? If you follow the bible when it comes it will kill us all. Death and sickness will cover the earth. Then when we are all dead the gods will come down and take earth back. So if you follow that line of thinking again i ask what good does it do you to stock up for dooms day when god will kill us all any way?

Psalms 25:8 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
Psalms 25:12 What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psalms 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
Psalms 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

As i am sure all of us are guilty of one of the Seven deadly sins.

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

Don't even get me started on the Ten Commandments.

I am the Lord your God
You shall have no other gods before me
You shall not make for yourself an idol
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
Honor your father and mother
You shall not murder*
You shall not commit adultery
You shall not steal***
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet your neighbor's house
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

I am sure we have broken one or more of gods laws and as such will be taken off the earth when this day to speak of comes. Sure you can Repent for your sins and that may save you, and it may not.

On a side note i was not talking about the bible dooms day. I was talking about the so called dooms day people think will happen when OBAMA takes office. Two vary diff dooms days..

Last edited:
I believe in a higher power yes. Does that mean i have to Believe in dooms day NO.. Sounds like the crap from the year 1999. In the year 2000 the world will end a huge asteroid will hit earth.. Well it's almost Nine years later and we are still here. Is there a higher power? yes i like to think so, if you follow the bible, then what good will stocking up do any of us? If you follow the bible when it comes it will kill us all. Death and sickness will cover the earth. Then when we are all dead the gods will come down and take earth back. So if you follow that line of thinking again i ask what good does it do you to stock up for dooms day when god will kill us all any way?

Psalms 25:8 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
Psalms 25:12 What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psalms 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
Psalms 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

As i am sure all of us are guilty of one of the Seven deadly sins.

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

Don't even get me started on the Ten Commandments.

I am the Lord your God
You shall have no other gods before me
You shall not make for yourself an idol
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
Honor your father and mother
You shall not murder*
You shall not commit adultery
You shall not steal***
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet your neighbor's house
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

I am sure we have broken one or more of gods laws and as such will be taken off the earth when this day to speak of comes. Sure you can Repent for your sins and that may save you, and it may not.

Very good. Have yo also read Revelations? No man could buy or well except he have the mark, name or number or the beast. What did he tell us that? So we can ignore it. Or perhaps we could understand that it is a good idea to prepare ahead of time. Or that we can barter. In the old testament God gave the meaning of a vision that Pharaoh had to Joseph to interpret. He warned Pharaoh that there would be seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine and to prepare during the time of plenty for the time of famine that was coming. God still tries to warn many today but most will not listen. I am afraid many of us Americans have become arrogant and think nothing can bring us down. The Hebrews thought that too.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:17-19

First of all I was not speaking about myself. I can assure you that I am well trained. I just think it was funny that you were making an across the board statement about people.

As far as the dooms day crap goes, I see that HK has already addressed some of this with you.

Most of the people who I know that are making preparations are not making them based on an Obama Presidency, but on the signs of the times. Will Obama affect us? Absolutely. I am not sure people realize how close we are to an economic meltdown.

Having worked and trained in Israel, I can also assure you that the threat of another terrorist strike here is likely. Very legitimate sources have warned our government for years about the threat of an EMP strike. Even if this event did not cause the dooms day effect that many speak of, it would certainly wreak havoc on society. The grid would most certainly go down. No electricity, no gas pumps, no ATM's, no computers, no deliveries to stores. How long before the looting and rioting take place. How long would most peoples food last.

Your real issue is not preparations, your real issue is that you think it is silly to prepare for something that you believe will never happen. Further, you practice what I like to call reductionism as it relates to the scriptures and quote verses lacking any context.

You might not agree with others on this forum, but there is no need to mock or make fun of others views.

LOL now this is a joke. I welcome a EMP attack. you speak as if this is a bad thing? No power nothing handed to you. maybe people would pull there heads out of there ass and really take the time to see what they have. I.E there Family. Most people spend to much time, with TV,Video games,Cell phones. They do not open there eye enough to see whats right in front of them. Second what was i mocking?? I speak my mind and it's mocking people?? That was not my intent but i will keep speaking my mind as it's my right under the First Amendment. We talk every day about rights on here and yet you are trying to tell me i cant use mine. Funny how that works some one says something you don't like and bam you think there rights are gone. As i said to luke this forum has gone off track from good information on CC to stuff that has nothing to do with it. I did not join this forum to fight about faith. But i can tell you this i will keep saying whats on my mind don't like it well as "Lupus" says when he speaks his mind and people do not like it, Add me to your block list. So if you are going off the bible what dooms day Prophecy are you going off. As all i have read speak of death covering the earth.

How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate. O LORD, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field. The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness." Joel 1:18-20

Last edited:
Checked out both sites Boris & boyzoi,
Boyzoi whew $119.00 in a box (ouch!) that looks nothing like it came from the DOD, but 5-7 years is good S/L.
Lots of neato kit Boris, the only question they don't answer is the MRE expirataion/inspection dates. Good deal if your consumption is a planned event, but close to expired is often wasting ca$h (been stung B 4 with 2 cases from Major Surplus) for $40 ea expired the same year they arrived, not ideal if U want them for 2-10 year storage. I did find other stuff in there like IM CM W400 for a buck ea that R bound for Christmas stocking-stuffers for some of my M8's this year. Nice gizmos :dirol: Faves mom of 3 angels? Chicken Noodle Stew, Beef Stew and BBQ Sauce with Chicken R OK. Beats the cans of lima-beans & beans/franks from long gone C-Rat dayzzzzzz!
Good site, thanks.

Canis-Lupus

I didnt know if that was expensive or not for MRE as Ive never bought any. most times if Im looking for something in the catagory of preperations for my life :cool: I have a tnedancy to look past the initial price. I have compared their Mountain House products with the 25 year storage, have bought some and eaten many of the different ones and for what they are they are damned good. I could see eating these for an entended period; these are what I have here for long-term storage. I know many on here are linking this to the dooms day scenario, which is good and of course in this age has every potential of happening to some degree, but preparing for any scenario; torando, hurrican etc is always a good idea. When Ike hit recently, we got the ass-end of it here in SE Indiana. sustained 80mph winds, branches launching across the road like missles when I was trying to make it home, huge trees downed etc and we ended up with out power for 5 days. no power here means no water also as I am on a well system. being ready for even a short break in normal is always a good idea.
anyway, I like looking the increaseing number of survival sites to compare and always looking for something new.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back