MR Obama I'll See YOU in Court

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
The government watchdog President Obama fired last month for allegedly being "confused" and "disoriented" filed a lawsuit Friday to reclaim his job, the Washington Times reported.
Link Removed
Gerald Walpin, who was the inspector general for the Corporation for National and Community Service until President Obama removed him, argues in the lawsuit that the firing was politically motivated and broke a 2008 law governing how watchdogs can be dismissed, the newspaper said.

Obama hastily removed Walpin after a board meeting in May in which, the White House says, he was "unduly disruptive," and exhibited a "lack of candor" in providing information to decision makers.

Walpin has emphatically disputed the charge, calling it baseless. Walpin believes his firing was a result of bad blood between him and the board over his investigation of Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, an Obama supporter, for alleged misuse of federal funds.

Walpin said in his lawsuit, filed in federal district court in Washington, D.C., that the administration violated a 2008 law meant to protect government watchdogs by not interviewing him or any of his staff before canning him.

The law requires that Congress be notified 30 days before an inspector general is dismissed and Walpin argues that the administration has yet to meet the requirements for who should be notified and what reasons must be given.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
All presidents have done things like this. Obama isn't the first, and he won't be the last. Remember when both President Clinton and President Bush fired all those U.S. attorneys? What about those?

Red Hat

That was their prerogative to fire the US Attorneys. It's within the realm of their authority. Big difference.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
That was their prerogative to fire the US Attorneys. It's within the realm of their authority. Big difference.

Whether it is or isn't, all of them fire people for political reasons. Obama is no worse than Bush or Clinton for doing it.

Invisible_Dave

You don't see a difference between the legal and illegal firing of people? There is a reason watchdog positions have rules regarding political firings.

HK4U

As bad as others may have been the Obamanation is hands down the worst. He has no regard for the constitution what so ever.

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
Obama signed the legislation that required an explanation to Congress and a 30 day waiting period before ANY Inspector General could be fired. We know he doesn't play by the rules, but c'mon he can't even play by his own? We voted by the ballot box (invalidated by ACORN), we have been voting by the soap box, there is but one box left to vote from.......

Scarecrow

As bad as others may have been the Obamanation is hands down the worst. He has no regard for the constitution what so ever.

this is true. I hope to see mor eand more people doing what is right and stand up to this usurper.

utimmer43

Obama signed the legislation that required an explanation to Congress and a 30 day waiting period before ANY Inspector General could be fired. We know he doesn't play by the rules, but c'mon he can't even play by his own? We voted by the ballot box (invalidated by ACORN), we have been voting by the soap box, there is but one box left to vote from.......
To clarify, Bush signed it into law. But Obama did vote in favor of it as a Senator. Either way though, he is a hypocrite.

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
If Obama is breaking the law... It is the key to his undoing

A president can be impeached for treason...high crimes...and other misdemeaners...

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
You don't see a difference between the legal and illegal firing of people? There is a reason watchdog positions have rules regarding political firings.

I wasn't alluding to whether the firings were legal or illegal. I was alluding to the fact that the thing that all of them have in common was the fact the they were politically motivated, something all presidents, good and bad, have in common.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wtlongid