Moving to New HAmpshire

jonmeskeete

I was trying to find out some information. I am going to be moving to New Hampshire from Massachusetts and own 3 handguns and 3 rifles and was trying to find out what I need to do as far as getting the guns there can I just bring them with me or do I have to have them shipped to a FFL. I have a concealed carry licence from MA and I know that I would need to get one in New Hampshire but I do not know If I have to get my new licence before I move and how to go about doing this

PS- You only need a "license" up here to carry loaded in a vehicle or loaded and concealed on your person.

Strap the gun to your side and walk up the street loaded all you want. Legal statewide.

No you don't.

State law is that you must switch your drivers license over in 60 days (30 if commercial). You can apply for a pistol permit as soon as you establish residency. Ie: the day you move in.

Thank you for the licence info

but can I just bring my guns with me or do I have to have them shipped to a FFL this will be thee first time I have ever moved to another state and I have no idea how to go about this

Thank you for the licence info

but can I just bring my guns with me or do I have to have them shipped to a FFL this will be thee first time I have ever moved to another state and I have no idea how to go about this

Unless you have NFA weapons (which require ATF clearance to cross state lines) you're completely good-to-go :)

And again, welcome to NH!

Congrats on your decision to leave The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. Like Highline said, as long as you aren't bringing anything really serious with you then you can drive right across the state line into NH with your handguns, rifles and shotguns. Just don't have them loaded in your car during the drive into NH. Getting the state pistol permit is really easy. Once you have proof of your residence in NH (electric bill, lease agreement etc.) you can go to your local police department, fill out the application and pay the $10. They have 14 days to get the permit to you, mine came in a little over a week. Here is the link for the application, you can print it out at home, fill it out and bring it with you to save some time. Link Removed

I was trying to find out some information. I am going to be moving to New Hampshire from Massachusetts and own 3 handguns and 3 rifles and was trying to find out what I need to do as far as getting the guns there can I just bring them with me or do I have to have them shipped to a FFL. I have a concealed carry licence from MA and I know that I would need to get one in New Hampshire but I do not know If I have to get my new licence before I move and how to go about doing this

What city are you moving to? If I were you I would not join and or get caught up in the whole FSP(Free State Project.) When it first started they had good goals in mind and many native NHers supported their goal of more freedom. In the last few years they have gone straight down hill! They try and fight to many things at to many time and never get anything done. Smoking Pot in Public parks,Drinking in court/parks, nudity etc.. Their attitude is "I'll do what I want,when I want to do it." Much in the same way as a child!

What county are you moving to? Welcome to NH, Please leave your anti brain washing in MA!

What city are you moving to? If I were you I would not join and or get caught up in the whole FSP(Free State Project.) When it first started they had good goals in mind and many native NHers supported their goal of more freedom. In the last few years they have gone straight down hill! They try and fight to many things at to many time and never get anything done. Smoking Pot in Public parks,Drinking in court/parks, nudity etc.. Their attitude is "I'll do what I want,when I want to do it." Much in the same way as a child!

What county are you moving to? Welcome to NH, Please leave your anti brain washing in MA!

right now I am looking to transfer within the company I work for and I am not sure were within New Hampshire it will be so i can not tell you where I will be moving

As far as leaving my anti brain washing in MA I am moving to new Hampshire because I want to get away from this state and its oppressive laws and government. My ideals have never matched MA nor have my points of views or beliefs so I do not have any brainwashing to leave behind.

I visit New Hampshire every chance I get and very time I fall deeper in love with it. I am Finley able to realize a dream I have had since I first visited your great state many years ago.

Thanks to every one that has already welcomed me to your great state

Is that what the mainstream media told you?
Billy

Billy

+1

I am a native born and raised New Hampshire-ite and I have found that the members of the Free State Project are all advocates for individual liberty and equality.

There are all sorts of activists in NH from the FSP. They all do excellent work towards enhancing all of our freedom.

Billy

Main stream media LOL, please. No, that's what they have shown with their actions! Any time you see them is when they are on youtube acting like a child. Breaking the law to prove some kind of miss guided point, helps no one. Push for the laws to be changed, in till then follow the law.

+1

I am a native born and raised New Hampshire-ite and I have found that the members of the Free State Project are all advocates for individual liberty and equality.

There are all sorts of activists in NH from the FSP. They all do excellent work towards enhancing all of our freedom.

Some are better then others this is true. Enhancing all our freedom? Who asked them to do that? I for one never asked those pot smoking looney toons to do anything on my behalf. They were in part the cause for the reinstating of the state house gun ban. They mix Illegal drugs and alcohol with firearms at public events, in the hopes of what? You want to smoke pot and do illegal drugs, good for you! Do it in your own house and not in public! Take a pole of Keene and see how many people who have seen these fools, think they are just that.

Some are better then others this is true. Enhancing all our freedom? Who asked them to do that? I for one never asked those pot smoking looney toons to do anything on my behalf. They were in part the cause for the reinstating of the state house gun ban. They mix Illegal drugs and alcohol with firearms at public events, in the hopes of what? You want to smoke pot and do illegal drugs, good for you! Do it in your own house and not in public! Take a pole of Keene and see how many people who have seen these fools, think they are just that.

I'd like you to give me one example where any of the activists have harmed someone or their property. It sounds like you disagree with how some of them choose to live their lives.

Isn't that what freedom is all about? Unless someone is hurting someone else, why can't people leave them alone?

So if something is a law, it should be followed? No matter what?

What about bad laws? Should those be followed too?

Such as what? If a person feels a law on the books is a "bad law" or a "Antiquated law" then by all means push for change. Change the law/have it removed from the books. Ones feelings of a active law, does give that person the right to not follow the said law they disagree with.

Such as what? If a person feels a law on the books is a "bad law" or a "Antiquated law" then by all means push for change. Change the law/have it removed from the books. Ones feelings of a active law, does give that person the right to not follow the said law they disagree with.

Shouldn't good people disobey bad laws? What if politicians refuse to get rid of bad laws, should they still be followed?

I'd like you to give me one example where any of the activists have harmed someone or their property. It sounds like you disagree with how some of them choose to live their lives.

Isn't that what freedom is all about? Unless someone is hurting someone else, why can't people leave them alone?

Live their life's? I have no problem with the way they live their life's but when they choose to publicly display their chosen life style for all to see. Then I take issue with it!

Shouldn't good people disobey bad laws? What if politicians refuse to get rid of bad laws, should they still be followed?

Yes they should be followed! A person is no longer a "Good person, Or a Good Guy" in the eyes of the law and Law enforcement. If they willing choose to set aside society's laws because they disagree with the said law/law's.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back