Moving to Nevada from Tn

eb31

I was hoping to get as much information as possible on carry laws, both oc & cc, for Las Vegas, Nevada.

Also, does Nevada allow transfer of permit like a DL or do I have to start all over and apply for a NV carry permit from scratch?

I was hoping to get as much information as possible on carry laws, both oc & cc, for Las Vegas, Nevada.

Also, does Nevada allow transfer of permit like a DL or do I have to start all over and apply for a NV carry permit from scratch?

You have to start all over. You have to take an eight hour class plus qualify for each semi you want to carry (but just one revolver). I don't know if NV accepts TN permits but it can take up to 120 days to get a NV permit though Metro has been pretty good in getting them out after about 30 days or so.

OC isn't addressed in the laws, but you shouldn't have a problem unless you are on the strip. If you are OC on the strip, expect a visit from the police.

What part of Tennessee are you moving too? Do a search on the Tennessee Freedoms Firearm Act and visit this page from the state, Link Removed. I think you will find all the information you will need.
FYI, Open carry in TN is legal with a permit. Otherwise it's a no no. Open carry is becoming more common at least out in the country where I live but in the big city's you may be risking a visit from the police.

Real helpful community I see.

I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectation of sitting and checking this forum every couple of hours to look up your answers for you. Actually, to meet the criteria between your first two posts we would have to check in every 1/2 hour. Would you like our phone numbers so you can page us so that we don't inconvenience you longer than necessary?

Let me google that for you

You will also have to register all of your handguns with LVMPD within 60 days of moving to Clark County.

maybe you should move to Texas??

All my ex's live in Texas
And Texas is the place I'd dearly love to be
But all my ex's live in Texas
And that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.

Sorry couldn't help myself:hang3:

I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectation of sitting and checking this forum every couple of hours to look up your answers for you. Actually, to meet the criteria between your first two posts we would have to check in every 1/2 hour. Would you like our phone numbers so you can page us so that we don't inconvenience you longer than necessary?

You will also have to register all of your handguns with LVMPD within 60 days of moving to Clark County.

Im sorry eb31 but......:sarcastic:

You have to start all over. You have to take an eight hour class plus qualify for each semi you want to carry (but just one revolver). I don't know if NV accepts TN permits but it can take up to 120 days to get a NV permit though Metro has been pretty good in getting them out after about 30 days or so.

OC isn't addressed in the laws, but you shouldn't have a problem unless you are on the strip. If you are OC on the strip, expect a visit from the police.

Thanks for the help, just the info I was looking for.

Thanks again.

:dance3:

TN and Nevada have reciprocal carry permit laws. In Las Vegas you have to register your handguns within 60 days of moving there.

TN and Nevada have reciprocal carry permit laws. In Las Vegas you have to register your handguns within 60 days of moving there.

You might want to read NRS 202.3688:

NRS 202.3688 Circumstances in which holder of permit issued by another state may carry concealed firearm in this State; holder of permit issued by another state subject to same restrictions and requirements as holder of permit issued in this State.

1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may carry a concealed firearm in this State in accordance with the requirements set forth in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive.

2. A person who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was issued by a state included in the list prepared pursuant to NRS 202.3689 may not carry a concealed firearm in this State if the person:

(a) Becomes a resident of this State; and

(b) Has not been issued a permit from the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides within 60 days after becoming a resident of this State.

3. A person who carries a concealed firearm pursuant to this section is subject to the same legal restrictions and requirements imposed upon a person who has been issued a permit by a sheriff in this State.

Gun registration (blue card) is required for all of Clark County, not just the City of Las Vegas If you purchase a weapon and you are a resident of Clark County, it's 72 hours

Gun registration (blue card) is required for all of Clark County, not just the City of Las Vegas If you purchase a weapon and you are a resident of Clark County, it's 72 hours

Correct. But if you move into the county with your handguns you have 60 days to register after moving there.

Or you could sing the Lynard Skynard song "Sweet Home Alabama". A song that is sort of odd because that band is from Jacksonville, FL.

I realize this is an old thread, but I just got here. To answer your question its a fued between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young... Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote "Sweet Home Alabama" in response to Neil Young's song "Southern Man." In response to that... Neil Young wrote the song "Alabama."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back