Moving to Florida Apply for out of state ccl or wait till there?

Hammy

moving to Florida in 6 months. I live in Massachusetts and have a Mass, Maine and Utah CCL. None work in Fla. (Utah only valid if live in Utah). Should I apply for Non Resident Fla CCL or wait till move there? Did not know if have to pay twice or if just transfers? Thanks.

FWIW there is no such thing as a non resident FL CWFL if I were you I'd apply now, submit a change of address when you get to FLA

Going by the information contained in Concealed Carry Resources section of USA Carry, Florida does indeed issue non-resident concealed carry permits/ license. I obtained the necessary paper work to apply for this permit but, when my state's permit law changed to allow a five year permit, I dropped all interest in the Florida license. Things may have changed by now but the possibility used to exist.

Florida Concealed Carry Permit Information

Florida Concealed Carry Quick Stats

Shall Issue
Permits issued to Residents and Non-residents
21 years of age required
Valid for 7 Years
Initial Cost is $112
90 Day Processing Time
Florida Reciprocity Maps
State of Florida Concealed Carry Homepage
Florida Law
Florida Firearms Forums

Going by the information contained in Concealed Carry Resources section of USA Carry, Florida does indeed issue non-resident concealed carry permits/ license. I obtained the necessary paper work to apply for this permit but, when my state's permit law changed to allow a five year permit, I dropped all interest in the Florida license. Things may have changed by now but the possibility used to exist.

Florida Concealed Carry Permit Information

Florida Concealed Carry Quick Stats

Shall Issue
Permits issued to Residents and Non-residents
21 years of age required
Valid for 7 Years
Initial Cost is $112
90 Day Processing Time
Florida Reciprocity Maps
State of Florida Concealed Carry Homepage
Florida Law
Florida Firearms Forums

I think that you might be confused, FLA issues licenses to out of state people, AKA non residents.
the permits do not have addresses on them and the state does not differentiate between a resident's permit and one issued to a non resident.
Lastly FLA issues concealed weapons licenses not permits
I hope this clears things up for you and others

We are in Mass and considering moving back to FL. I also have a non-resident for FL. I called Tallahassee and they told me when I get there and set up a residence to go on line and do a change of address. That's it. This license I have is good until 2018. Nice easy system compared to Mass. Get a non resident and it becomes real easy later on. Can't wait to go to a free state. See you there brother.

HR 986 ( conceal carry reciprocity act of 2015) looking pretty good up to 140 cosponsors. Maybe Obama won't sign it but maybe he will. Hopefully it becomes law.

I would just wait till you are here. It would simplify things.

Once you establish residence, and take the course, it goes pretty

quickly.

it is quite simple for an out of state person to get a FLA cwfl, prints, proof of training, a check and a clean background gets you one

HR 986 ( conceal carry reciprocity act of 2015) looking pretty good up to 140 cosponsors. Maybe Obama won't sign it but maybe he will. Hopefully it becomes law.

12583cb57dc4d762fc7179e126d3b987.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back