moving fm TX to KS for Military school and no carry

awmp

I'm moving from Texas to Kansas for a Military school and Kansas will not honor my Texas concealed permit?

Kansas honors resident permits from Texas. If you are losing your residency of Texas by going to school in Kansas then apply for a Kansas permit when you meet Kansas' residency requirements.

I'm moving from Texas to Kansas for a Military school and Kansas will not honor my Texas concealed permit?

If you are going to be in Kansas only for a military school and it is not permanent change of duty station orders to KS, you should not be considered a resident of KS. You should be just fine to keep your Texas driver's license and carry on your Texas RESIDENT CCL during the time of your TEMPORARY duty to Kansas.

Now, though, where will you be living? If you living in military temporary quarters, you possession of a firearm on a military base may be very difficult.

Just got off the phone with the KS attorney general concealed permit section (should have been my first phone call, very helpful) and you are correct KS does recognize Texas permits.

If you are going to be in Kansas only for a military school and it is not permanent change of duty station orders to KS, you should not be considered a resident of KS. You should be just fine to keep your Texas driver's license and carry on your Texas RESIDENT CCL during the time of your TEMPORARY duty to Kansas.

Now, though, where will you be living? If you living in military temporary quarters, you possession of a firearm on a military base may be very difficult.

Missouri

Your Texas permit will also be fine in Missouri, assuming you are going to be close too the state line at
Fort Leavenworth.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back