Movie Theater Carry

Andrew17

I Open Carry all the time now, and I've had nothing but good experiences with it. The Nike Store, Bed Bath and Beyond, TJ Max, Starbucks, Safeway, Albertson's, and numerous other establishments have given me no grief for carrying openly. Last night, however, I really had to think about whether or not I would carry to the midnight showing of The Hobbit. While getting food at Albertson's with some friends, we passed a Marine who is known in our town (I think he was a platoon leader back in '92 and has climbed the ladder since, nevertheless, he's badass and respected). He stopped me and said, "I'm really glad to see you doing that. Stay safe, stay seen." He then nodded and kept on doin what he was doin. At that point, my mind was made up. I carried to the midnight show at the movie theater, which is NOT a gun free zone, thankfully. I had no issues whatsoever. The manager saw my firearm and smiled at me as I bought my ticket, saying the usual, "enjoy the show."
Thankfully, and as usual, nothing bad happened, the movie was great, and I felt like I was fully carrying out my responsibility. Anyone else open carried to the movie theater?

While not admiting anything, after today its carry 24/7, it was already but there no way in hell I step out of my home and go ANYWHERE unarmed, we can never be sure but if one of those teachers had been armed we may have avoided a terrible tragedy

I couldn't agree with you more. Watch this, it forces you to understand why not having a gun is idiotic. If anyone is still against carry after watching this, that person is choosing to be ignorant.

Think about this, concerning gun free zones. In the movie theater shooting, there were 7 other theaters, 5 closer to where the shooter lived and these 7 theaters weren’t gun free zones, the only theater that was a gun free zone was the one he went to, kind of makes you think why the shooter chose the only one that was a gun free zone doesn’t it?

There are three theaters in my area. The one closest to my house is the only one that has no gun buster sign. The night of the batman premier I open carried and went to the theater to see Ted, but was turned away because all theaters were going to be showing the Batman movie. My wife and I went home that night....waking up the next morning to hear about the tragedy in CO.

We waited a week or so to go back and see Ted. I open carried as usual. The ticket counter guy saw me carrying my firearm, thanked me, and told me his manager got everyone together and told them if more people had carried, the outcome wouldn't have been so tragic. He told the clerk to thank anyone who wanted to carry and keep his theater safe. I now know which theater I will ALWAYS go to.

Anyone else open carried to the movie theater?

Depends on the theater. It is against the law for me to carry in the theater I go to most often because it is on a Navy base. The theater I go to next to most often is a local theater by itself and I open carry there no problems at all. If I go to a theater in a mall, I conceal carry.

I went to see Flight and Lincoln double feature last night. Normal entrance onto the base, wife showed her ID and right through the gate (6:45 pm). Movie got out at 12:15 am this morning. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get out the gate of the base. They were stopping every car exiting and entering the base and either writing down license plate numbers or comparing license plates to a list they had. Not asking for ID on the way out. So I don't know what was going on.

I don't go to the movies anymore. Haven't gone in years. I avoid places that are gun free zones, except the clinic and that's just because I have no choice in that one. I hope these gun free zones go away eventually. Do they get some sort of discount on their insurance costs for having that sign or something? I'm wondering..... It seems counter-intuitive to put those signs up when we know criminals don't care about signs.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back