Moved to different city

recithree

I lived in va beach when i got my permit but now live in norfolk.looking online at the va beach city website it says go to them if you have a address change.does the apply to a different city?should i go to va beach or go to norfolk?

I assume you want to change the address on your Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. Virginia State Police - Firearms/Concealed Weapons states:

The address on my Resident Concealed Handgun Permit is no longer correct. Is my permit still valid?

Yes, but you may request a replacement permit if you wish. The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of the valid permit and proof of a new address of residence by the permit holder, issue a replacement permit specifying the permit holder's new address. See 18.2-308.011.

Code of Virginia 18.2-308.011 states:

§ 18.2-308.011. Replacement permits.

A. The clerk of a circuit court that issued a valid concealed handgun permit shall, upon presentation of the valid permit and proof of a new address of residence by the permit holder, issue a replacement permit specifying the permit holder's new address. The clerk of court shall forward the permit holder's new address of residence to the State Police. The State Police may charge a fee not to exceed $5, and the clerk of court issuing the replacement permit may charge a fee not to exceed $5. The total amount assessed for processing a replacement permit pursuant to this subsection shall not exceed $10, with such fees to be paid in one sum to the person who receives the information for the replacement permit.

If you wish to request a replacement permit with your new address, go to the Circuit Court Clerk's Office in Virginia Beach that issued your valid concealed handgun permit.

Thanks for the information.va beach seemed like the right choice.i am curious if va beach will issue the new one with a norfolk address or forward the info to norfolk and they issue it.i want norfolks because they issue a plastic card and va beach issues a paper one that you need to laminate.it has held up good but looks cheesy.not that it comes out of wallet ever.

Thanks for the information.va beach seemed like the right choice.i am curious if va beach will issue the new one with a norfolk address or forward the info to norfolk and they issue it.i want norfolks because they issue a plastic card and va beach issues a paper one that you need to laminate.it has held up good but looks cheesy.not that it comes out of wallet ever.

Not every problem can be solved by asking a stranger on the Internet. Sometimes, you just have to get out into the real world and do your best! Instead of asking all these questions in this forum, I would have simply picked up the phone and called the Circuit Court Clerk's Office in Virginia Beach. They would know these kind of things.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back