Moved from tennessee to texas

GCCMR

I got married and moved from Tennessee to Texas. It took me three months to get a Texas Driver's license simply because their requirements are ludricious! They asked for everything except a stool sample! I made many trips and gave them everything that they asked for, but everytime they would ask for something else. The last time that I went, they said that I HAD to have my vehicles registered in Texas first. Went to Registration office and they said I had to have a Texas Driver's license. I finally was able to by-pass this redundancy and got my Texas D.L.

NOW, I need to transfer my carrying license from Tennessee to Texas. I'm getting the same sort of runaround. Texas says I have to go through Tennessee to change my name and transfer my CHL. Tennessee says I have to go through the Texas website.

Round and round I go!!!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME????

Never heard of being able to transfer CHL or whatever it's called in Texas. Could be mistaken, but I don't think these are transferable! How's about some of you Texans addressing this item?

I got married and moved from Tennessee to Texas. It took me three months to get a Texas Driver's license simply because their requirements are ludricious! They asked for everything except a stool sample! I made many trips and gave them everything that they asked for, but everytime they would ask for something else. The last time that I went, they said that I HAD to have my vehicles registered in Texas first. Went to Registration office and they said I had to have a Texas Driver's license. I finally was able to by-pass this redundancy and got my Texas D.L.

NOW, I need to transfer my carrying license from Tennessee to Texas. I'm getting the same sort of runaround. Texas says I have to go through Tennessee to change my name and transfer my CHL. Tennessee says I have to go through the Texas website.

Round and round I go!!!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME????

There is no such thing as a transfer because each state that issues a permit/license has their own criteria for getting one. You need to find out how to get a TX permit (no transfer) just get a permit. Our very own USA Carry has this to offer you: Texas Concealed Carry Permit Information

Good luck, and like another said, I'm sorry you got married, it seems like it's been one hassle after the other. :biggrin:

The last time that I went, they said that I HAD to have my vehicles registered in Texas first.

You have been talking to some dumba$$ employees! People get driver's licenses all the time without even owning vehicles! What would they say to that? You have to go buy a vehicle and have one registered before we give you a driver's license?

Went to Registration office and they said I had to have a Texas Driver's license. I finally was able to by-pass this redundancy and got my Texas D.L.

NOW, I need to transfer my carrying license from Tennessee to Texas. I'm getting the same sort of runaround.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME????

There is no "transferring" of a concealed carry license. Maybe that is why you are confusing the people you are asking. You need to apply for and obtain a Texas CHL, that's all there is to it. In some states, I am not sure about Texas, a previously issued CCW Permit might get you out of having to take a required training class, but I don't think Texas is that way.

I got married and moved from Tennessee to Texas. It took me three months to get a Texas Driver's license simply because their requirements are ludicrous! They asked for everything except a stool sample! I made many trips and gave them everything that they asked for, but everytime they would ask for something else. The last time that I went, they said that I HAD to have my vehicles registered in Texas first. Went to Registration office and they said I had to have a Texas Driver's license. I finally was able to by-pass this redundancy and got my Texas D.L.
Round and round I go!!!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME????

I know how you feel! I got married in CA while living in D.C., then after moving to HI I found out my name never got changed legally. Four trips to the DMV (had one new thing I had to bring each time!) and plenty fun dealing with the SSN people and I finally got the correct driver's license with the correct name. THEN, still in HI, my son's birth certificate listed him as a girl! (I definitely understand confusion about Obama's birth certificate... he might have one somewhere listing him as the wrong gender or something. That might explain a lot... He is convinced he's always right...) Six months later, I'm still trying to get the right birth certificate, and find I have to pay extra both to get that for him and a SSN card! Gah!!

I can understand this all to well. I had a problem with the Cook County Circuit Clerk's Office back in the 80's. Even with all the paper work I could NOT get them to understand what I was saying and it took at least 8 years to get it all straightened out. It is a VERY long story so I will not go into it. I know in Cook County the people there are not hired because they can do the job. They are hired because they know someone. Every time I talked to those people my problem went from bad to worse.

I feel for all of you and hope you can get it ironed out

It is possible that other State's offices have the same type of people working there. But just imagine what you will have to go through with obummercare. Some little bureaucrat sitting in his cubicle hits the wrong key on his keyboard and it will take an act of Congress or SCOTUS to fix it so you can get medical care. Good Luck with that!!!

You should have seen the uproar a friend of mine caused in a California DMV office when he checked the box next to "African American" on his license application. He was white. They told him he'd made a mistake and would have to correct it. He told them it was no mistake at all. He was South African, had emigrated to America and had become a citizen. Therefore he was African American. The people at the DMV had no idea how to handle this. At one point they tried to have him arrested but the cop on the scene asked what law they thought he'd violated. I and the other customers thought it was a riot, including the black customers. Some of them actually stayed after conducting their business just so they could enjoy the entertainment. He got his license. It took them about two and a half hours to finally decide that they had no choice but to simply ignore what he had checked on the form.

OK. My story. I had a divorce decree that granted me ownership of my vehicle, but I had to get the ex-wife's name off it. It was a Wyoming divorce decree and vehicle registered in Washington. Naturally, Washington department of licensing would not accept a Wyoming court order, so I had to take the Wyoming decree to a Washington court and pay them $230 to stamp it "filed", then they promptly took their copy and filed it. I said, "Umm, I need a copy of that stamp to get my vehicle switched over, that is the only reason I am filing it here." The reply from the court? "No problem, that will be $5 per page for the copy for you." Cost me $270 because the ex-wife refused to sign the title over to me after the court ordered it.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program :)

You should have seen the uproar a friend of mine caused in a California DMV office when he checked the box next to "African American" on his license application. He was white. They told him he'd made a mistake and would have to correct it. He told them it was no mistake at all. He was South African, had emigrated to America and had become a citizen. Therefore he was African American. The people at the DMV had no idea how to handle this. At one point they tried to have him arrested but the cop on the scene asked what law they thought he'd violated. I and the other customers thought it was a riot, including the black customers. Some of them actually stayed after conducting their business just so they could enjoy the entertainment. He got his license. It took them about two and a half hours to finally decide that they had no choice but to simply ignore what he had checked on the form.

That is a very cool story.My long time attorney friend from Minnesota ,married a white lady from Johannesburg,S.A. in the 1970's. She routinely checks African-American on the forms and has gone through several similar hilarious situations. Having a lawyer husband has been a big help with overcoming clueless bureaucrats!

Another one. And it's from Texas.

Got my drivers license in Mississippi when I was 15. We moved to Lubbock Texas when I was 17. When I went to get my Texas license, they said I couldn't have one because I hadn't had drivers ed and you couldn't have a license without drivers ed in Texas until you were 18. Since you were supposed to get a Texas license within 30 days of moving there, and it had been more than 30 days, the lady told me I couldn't drive home. I leaned across the counter and grabbed my Mississippi license back out of her hand, even though she tried to back up and keep it away from me. She told me that wasn't legal but I ignored her and left. About a month later I got stopped at some routine thing for drunk drivers or illegal aliens or something, I don't remember for sure. The state trooper asked me if it was my current address on the license. I told him it wasn't and told him I had been in Texas about three months. When he asked why I didn't have a Texas license, I told him the story about my trip to the license office. He asked how long I'd been driving and I told him two and a half years. He then asked what the heck they thought they were going to teach me in drivers ed that I hadn't already learned in two and a half years of driving. I told him I had no idea. He gave me my license back and told me to have a nice afternoon.

That is a very cool story.My long time attorney friend from Minnesota ,married a white lady from Johannesburg,S.A. in the 1970's. She routinely checks African-American on the forms and has gone through several similar hilarious situations. Having a lawyer husband has been a big help with overcoming clueless bureaucrats!

the issue is that using the term " african american" to describe negroes is just another half baked libturd concept. Just like whites from South Africa or any other country in africa, most of the northern part of the continent is populated by "arabs" and other types of people who are not negroes. so to label negroes as african americans is just not an accurate description. Any WHITE person from africa who is in the US can and should be able call themselves an african american

Its not that big a deal you just have to apply for your Texas permit, as they do not transfer, don't know how long you have to do this, but as far as I know Texas honors your TN permit as long as you follow Texas regs

the issue is that using the term " african american" to describe negroes is just another half baked libturd concept. Just like whites from South Africa or any other country in africa, most of the northern part of the continent is populated by "arabs" and other types of people who are not negroes. so to label negroes as african americans is just not an accurate description. Any WHITE person from africa who is in the US can and should be able call themselves an african american

I had a white dentist from South Africa too. He used to have fun filling out demographic information in the same way.

On a side note, call a black Jamaican or Haitian an African American and you will have hell to pay. They have a lot of pride coming from Haiti or Jamaica.

I've never liked the term African American and never will use it. I taught in an almost all-black school and I don't remember the context but I used the term "black" and had a whiny 16 yo female correct me with indignation "African American!". I just looked at her calmly and said, "I do not have the insight to look at a person and know from which continent that their family came from. There are whites in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia. There are blacks in North America, South America, Europe, Aurstralia and Asia. What makes you think that I have this special knowledge about the person that I would be able to just look at them and label them from just the one continent?" The whole class cheered when I said that... mind you I was the only white person in the room. Sometimes logic and common sense do prevail.

I was called a racist once for using the word negro when describing races and explaining that it came from the anthropological term negroid. The word itself has Greek and Latin roots, and basically means 'resembling black', hardly racist or inflammatory. It's amazing how the uneducated or uncaring can turn our language into something it isn't, like the word 'gay'.

I was called a racist once for using the word negro when describing races and explaining that it came from the anthropological term negroid. The word itself has Greek and Latin roots, and basically means 'resembling black', hardly racist or inflammatory. It's amazing how the uneducated or uncaring can turn our language into something it isn't, like the word 'gay'.

That stupid Hallmark ornament! "Don we now our FUN apparel!" Ridiculous. I don't know anyone who was offended by the original lyrics. Even George Takei commented on how silly that was! Who, BTW, I just saw a video of doing a lot of push ups. Apparently he does 100 a day... not bad for 76 years old!

After reading this thread I consider myself lucky...I guess. My story...I joined the army in NY and ended up stationed at ft hood tx for three years. While there I found out tx has no state tax. So I officially changed my home to tx. Now here is the kicker....never had a drivers license. The army needed me to drive a truck and asked if I could drive a standard. I said yes and after a drive around the motor pool the Sgt issued me my licence. I then took the army license to the DMV and all they required me to do is take the written test. Passed that and have been a tx residence since. The kicker...my wife who has been Texan all her life and drove since 15 let her license expire while we were assigned in Germany. When we got back she had to do the written and drivers test all over again. She was 32 years old. She had done drivers ed and had the certificate still from 1976 but it was too old. To this day I still rib her that I never had to take a drivers test once let alone twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back