Moved from tennessee to texas

After reading this thread I consider myself lucky...I guess. My story...I joined the army in NY and ended up stationed at ft hood tx for three years. While there I found out tx has no state tax. So I officially changed my home to tx. Now here is the kicker....never had a drivers license. The army needed me to drive a truck and asked if I could drive a standard. I said yes and after a drive around the motor pool the Sgt issued me my licence. I then took the army license to the DMV and all they required me to do is take the written test. Passed that and have been a tx residence since. The kicker...my wife who has been Texan all her life and drove since 15 let her license expire while we were assigned in Germany. When we got back she had to do the written and drivers test all over again. She was 32 years old. She had done drivers ed and had the certificate still from 1976 but it was too old. To this day I still rib her that I never had to take a drivers test once let alone twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using USA Carry mobile app
Last time I checked California and Washington require complete written and skills tests to first obtain a driver's license without regard to the applicant's age or currently held licenses from other jurisdictions. (I think Washington deducts points if the current license is from California...)

Last time I checked California and Washington require complete written and skills tests to first obtain a driver's license without regard to the applicant's age or currently held licenses from other jurisdictions. (I think Washington deducts points if the current license is from California...)

The last time you checked is outdated for Washington....

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back