Most and a Least Available Ammo Calber

mwhals

In your areas, what are you finding as the most and least available calibers of ammo?

The stores with inflated prices have it all except .22's. Reasonably priced stores have most at different times. Utah is especially bad for "entrepreneurs". But reasonably priced 22's are out there if you watch. S. Idaho stores are starting to build .22 inventory but Utahns coming up for lottery tickets haul most of it back for resale.

Howdy,

Everything is available in my area, Central Arkansas, except for .22s. Local WalMart says they have people waiting in line every morning that ammo arrives to buy ALL the .22 ammo.

In one shipment they received over 50 boxes of bulk ammo and it was gone in 10 minutes, and people were still standing in line. Clerk said the regulars were bragging about buying it and reselling it on Craig's list and Facebook for 3Xs what they paid for it at WalMart.

That the same WalMart they had over 150 boxes of one brand of brass cased FMJ .40S&W ammo and probably about another 50 boxes of various brands of .40. Probably had 70 or so boxes of 9mm, 20 or so .45 and a dozen boxes of .380.

Also had +100 boxes of 20 .223/5.56 ammo and a dozes 50rd boxes and even a couple of 100rd boxes.

No shortage in Cen. AR.

Paul

I can find anything I want, except .22LR. It shows up sporadically at Cabela's, not much to be seen elsewhere.

Central NC area: .22's very hard to find, .380s virtually impossible. .45 ACP and 5.56 are almost always in stock. .38 Special fairly common. But THE most available round is 7 1/2 shot 12 gauge.

Most calibers are plentiful here in NJ except .22LR. Those shops selling .22LR at normal prices are limiting purchase quantities to 100 - 200 rounds. Dicks is sold out as soon as the truck arrives with its limited quantities to those waiting in line when the store opens.

There are many 'stories' about why 22LR is as hard to find as a unicorn. Most revolve around scalpers who are at WM when they open in the morning, grab everything they can (keeping it away from 'Joe Average") and immediately posting on the web at 3-4X store pricing. Morons believing it is "impossible to find" jump on the net and pay the exhorbitant asking prices. We are our own worst enemy. Reload all the CF ammo you use. Less $$, fun, and off the grid.

As with others, I can find just about anything in St Louis but .22LR. Though I can order online so if I'm persistent I can find .22LR for $.08/round or under.

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

.22 and .380. It is coming back though.
All the best of common ones no problems

Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.

Last edited:
I'd like to see those SOBs that buy at Wally World stock up and then nobody buy it, worst thing is some of these people are not even shooters they are goughing, like ticket scalpers

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back