Mossberg 109

jrosskopf

Hi I just acquired a Mossberg model 109 16 gauge shotgun. I have no idea how to break it down and remove the bolt. It needs a really good cleaning. I will take it to a gunsmith to be checked out before I fire it, but I wanted to clean it up first. Any info or help will be appreciated.
Thanks
jrosskopf

Thank you very much. That is what I was looking for. I have the shotgun apart for cleaning and am happy that it is just dirty but in pretty good shape. I wonder how to find out how old it is.
Well Thanks again for your help.

Thank you very much. That is what I was looking for. I have the shotgun apart for cleaning and am happy that it is just dirty but in pretty good shape. I wonder how to find out how old it is.
Well Thanks again for your help.

I've called Smith and Wesson's costomer support before to find out when some revolvers were made. All I had to do was give them the serial numbers. I'm sure Mossberg can do the same. Give them a call.

I thank that shotgun was made back in the 60s but i could be wrong. KimberPB don't your grandfather have one of those old 16ga bolt action shotguns.

I thank that shotgun was made back in the 60s but i could be wrong. KimberPB don't your grandfather have one of those old 16ga bolt action shotguns.

His is a 20ga but I'll have to check the make. I don't think it's a mossberg but I may be wrong.

jrosskopf, what on earth are you going to do with that museum piece?

Are 16 gauge shells even manufactured?

Nothing wrong with it, i seen several in use during my youth.

I used a 16 gauge pump one fall for pheasants. I don't remember the make. It did the job it was supposed to.
Corn fed pheasant is very good.

I am mainly a target shooter and just found the old Mossberg interesting. I did find out the one I have has the "C-Leck Choke" which makes it a model 190K-A that was made from 1956 to 1958. I was made before the shotgun, so I thought I'd have something "newer".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back