~More Corruption~

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
Federal authorities arrested Trenton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack and more than half a dozen other people early Monday in connection with an ongoing corruption probe, NBC 4 New York has learned. Joseph "JoJo" Giorgianni, a top campaign contributor, and six others were also taken into custody. Specific charges against the suspects are expected to be outlined by Paul Fishman, the U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, later Monday. Mack and the others arrested Monday were brought to the FBI office in Hamilton for processing and are scheduled to appear in federal court. The arrests are the latest development in an ongoing federal investigation into alleged corruption within Mack's administration, which has been marked by accusations of nepotism and reckless spending. In July, FBI agents searched offices in Trenton City Hall a day after raiding the mayor's home. They also searched the home of his brother, Ralpiel Mack, and that of Giorgianni.

FBI arrests Trenton, N.J., mayor, others in corruption probe - U.S. News

I noticed that the reports never made mention that Joseph "JoJo" Giorgianni is a convicted sex offend who was released after he more or less eat his way out of prison. Nice that the mayor's biggest campaign contributor was tried and convicted of having sex with an underage girl. People really need to look closely at the company our elected officials keep........
I wonder if the parking garage he is accused of taking bribes is a TARP funded project?

I hope he goes to jail and gets his ass kicked …………what ever happened to roll models and looking up to people in higher places
apparently, everyone in Trenton knew what was going on, yet nothing was said

Time to do some cleaning in office

Unfortunately he'll probably have the same luck Marion Barry did. Do some slammer time then get elected again as mayor. Now he is getting the title "Mayor for Life...
The ignorance of the voting public amazes me. The man was a convicted criminal for drugs no less in a city that the drug problem was out of control.

If Barry Obama gets relected maybe there will be a czar position for Mack if he gets out of prison in time or maybe he could just do the job from the slammer..

Link Removed

I remember that. Back in the early 1980s, if memory serves. At Jo Jo's lounge or restaurant or whatever, a serious "incident" involving a 14-year-old girl. From prison, Jo Jo (at about 500 pounds) claimed that his weight caused prison to be cruel and unusual punishment, so a judge let him out. Then they got Jo Jo on tape partying in Atlantic City, so the judge put him back in. Jo Jo then told a reporter, "I hope society's happy."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back