MO is a "Carry" State, what happened here?

Here's the link to the yahoo news story: Link Removed

I'm not familiar with the different counties or the specific laws. If this is a "carry" state, why did the guy have to defend himself by "throwing chairs"? :confused:

gf

There are exceptions

Most Gov. buildings are off limits and if not most city and county gov. bodies have made carry off limits in meetings.
We can carry in our county parks but not in park buildings.
In the county i am in the county even passed an ordnance that the county
legislators can not carry in meetings. Under state law they could have.
The public could not because they are held in the same building as the courts and there off limits.
And we have some of the other usual places off limits. Hospitals, church,polling places schools.
Over all we have one of the better carry laws. We should have it took about 13 years to get it passed. BUT there are things we would like to get rid of.

State Law.
Link Removed

Thanks for the info. I would think that the elected officials that are allowed to carry would. Being that they know that this troubled individual has come around before, I would think that they would have been better prepared.

gf

Maybe the town officials don't carry? Just because it's a carry state doesn't mean that everyone there is willing to carry a gun. They might not even be "anti-gun," maybe just "gun oblivious."

The guy had been to previous meetings and had gotten out of hand in the past. It looks like he was on a suicide mission and wanted the "suicide by cop" after taking down a bunch of folks he didn't like. He managed to kill to police officers. They must have been caught off guard. With incidents like this, I'm surprised that the lawmakers have yet to figure out that "gun free zones" aren't as safe as they're said to be. :confused:

Hope people learn from this incident and change the laws.

gf

They won't unless we make them.
I mean,of course,with our voices and our votes.
And a little strategic use of the media from time to time.

The guy had been to previous meetings and had gotten out of hand in the past. It looks like he was on a suicide mission and wanted the "suicide by cop" after taking down a bunch of folks he didn't like. He managed to kill to police officers. They must have been caught off guard. With incidents like this, I'm surprised that the lawmakers have yet to figure out that "gun free zones" aren't as safe as they're said to be. :confused:

Hope people learn from this incident and change the laws.

gf

yes there is hope. I mean how many incidents like this is it going to take for people to open their eyes and use their brains and realize that a bg is a bg and doesn't plan on following the law anyway. with more and more cases like this I really hope people will wake up. I don't like the idea of having the right to adequetly defend myself or my family taken away every time we go to one of these "gun free zones". who's stopping the bg? are they going to start frisking everyone and making them walk through metal detectors everytime they go into a school or park? how rediculous.

No such restrictions here in Pennsylvania (court houses yes, schools maybe).

I'm a Borough Council President. I carry. The way I view it, I'm the Designated Target (gee, just like my job description in Vietnam).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back