Missouri CCW or permanent residents

Mon74

Hi everyone, I'm new here my name is Monica, I am a legal permanent resident on the USA, I am originally from Australia, I have been in America for 10 years. I was wondering if anyone knew if I can get my CCW in the state of Missouri being a legal permanent resident on USA? I had a situation tonight and it scared me and I just want to be able to protect myself. I can buy guns so I was wondering if anyone knew if I can get a CCW permit?

If by resident you mean that you are a citizen of the United States then you would enjoy the rights and protections afforded by our Constitution/Bill of Rights and the laws of your state of residence. If you are merely legally residing here for the purpose of employment, education, etc, then the same would not apply. You state that you are able to legally purchase/possess firearms so I assume that you have citizenship and would therefore be eligible to obtain your CCW permit.

Accorfding to Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 571.101 you surely can get a CHL. Here's a link to the actual statute. It's an easy read. Strangely, the official Mo. Highway Patrol site for Concealed Handgun Law still says that you must be a US citizen, so obviously the "official" site is out of date, even though the publication is dated 10/2013 and the revised statute is dated August, 28, 2013

The exact section covering permanent resident aliens is 571.010.2(1)

Here the link:
Link Removed

Welcome to America!

what is the cost? do you supply guns and ammo? or is it an option? I have my own but a friend may need to find a place where guns and ammo are an option for my friend to use

The cost is $100 and I supply pistol, revolver, ammo, food and drinks. If I get 10 or more for this class 1 person will get the class for Free.

awesome let me get with the friend im going to be doing the class with and I will let you know. I appreciate it so much

If by resident you mean that you are a citizen of the United States then you would enjoy the rights and protections afforded by our Constitution/Bill of Rights and the laws of your state of residence. If you are merely legally residing here for the purpose of employment, education, etc, then the same would not apply. You state that you are able to legally purchase/possess firearms so I assume that you have citizenship and would therefore be eligible to obtain your CCW permit.

Great first post. You are 1 for 1 for posting completely erroneous information. Welcome to the forum. In almost all states non-citizens can purchase firearms and obtain carry permits if they are legal residents. Federal law [18 USC 922(y)] even allows for temporary legal residents who aren't citizens to purchase firearms if they have a state issued hunting license.

Hi on the last comment did I say something wrong? just was not sure who you were talking to as im new to this forum stuff

Monica, Welcome to the forum.

No you did not say anything wrong. NavyLCDR was correcting jrl4691. You can see in Navy's post that he quoted jrl4691.

We have the option of either hitting "Reply" or "Reply with Quote". When using "Reply With Quote" the other person's post shows up as well as your post.

I hope that was clear. :smile:

Hi on the last comment did I say something wrong? just was not sure who you were talking to as im new to this forum stuff

Hi! No, you didn't post anything wrong. Sorry that it was confusing :-). When there is a quote above our posts ^^^^ that is usually who we are replying to or what we are commenting about :-). My previous reply was to jrl4691 :-). Hope you enjoy your class and your firearms experience here in the USA. Enjoy it while it lasts, our government is attempting to go the way of the Australian and British governments in regards to firearms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahabyah
Back