Mississippi River @ Memphis (PICS) HIGH WATER

PascalFleischman

For those of you not familiar, Memphis sits on a bluff on the east bank of the MS river. I live on Mud Island, a little peninsula that sticks out into the river. These pictures were taken yesterday of the Greenway river park on Mud Island. Normally, the bluff tapers down to about a 200' wide by about 1 mile strip of grass for running, walking, dog playing, etc. Now, it's mostly underwater & climbing. I believe these pictures represent a 34' river stage, with an expected crest of 37' over the weekend. The row of trees in the background is actually the top of bank. I haven't seen the river this high in a while. For a map, go to http://maps.google.com and search "Mud Island, Memphis"

Overview of Park
Link Removed

Fully Flooded Portion
Link Removed

My Pup, Leroy
Leroy.jpg

Not sure what is causing all the flooding now but back right after Bill Clinton became president there was massive flooding in the Mississippi River area as well as other places. At that time it was thought the flooding was caused by the fact that Clinton had taken all the Dykes to Washington with him.

Not sure what is causing all the flooding now but back right after Bill Clinton became president there was massive flooding in the Mississippi River area as well as other places. At that time it was thought the flooding was caused by the fact that Clinton had taken all the Dykes to Washington with him.

BWAAAH HAHAHAHAAA!!!

Mississippi River

"...the fact that Clinton had taken all the Dykes to Washington with him."

And that is why he always found any woman who paid attention to him to be attractive! lol

Seriously though, I hope the floodwaters reside quickly for all those who are affected at this time. God Bless!

ZING! How bout that one!?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back