Mississippi Deadly Force Rules

GHF

Folks -

I may be doing some project work in Mississippi soon. As part of the process, I have confirmed that my Florida CCW is good.

I then went to Handgunlaw.us to find out the deadly force rules. I found the following under SEC. 97-3-15. Homicide; justifiable homicide.:

Quote:
(1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or omission of another shall be justifiable in the following cases:

(a) When committed by public officers, or those acting by their aid and assistance, in obedience to any judgment of a competent court;

(b) When necessarily committed by public officers, or those acting by their command in their aid and assistance, in overcoming actual resistance to the execution of some legal process, or to the discharge of any other legal duty;

(c) When necessarily committed by public officers, or those acting by their command in their aid and assistance, in retaking any felon who has been rescued or has escaped;

(d) When necessarily committed by public officers, or those acting by their command in their aid and assistance, in arresting any felon fleeing from justice;

(e) When committed by any person in resisting any attempt unlawfully to kill such person or to commit any felony upon him, or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be;

(f) When committed in the lawful defense of one's own person or any other human being, where there shall be reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury, and there shall be imminent danger of such design being accomplished;
Questions:
  1. Is this the full relevant law in Mississippi?
  2. Does anybody know of any other explaination(s) of this law?
  3. Does anybody have a source of case law on this situation?
  4. It appears that there is no requirement to retreat. Am I reading this correctly?
  5. No limitation on civil suits after a Righteous Shoot is indicated. Is there one?
  6. What is the process after event - automatic arrest, seizure of gun, grand jury action resolves, etc.?

Dadgum, You'll need to ask a lawyer about all that !!
We have the castle doctorate. Just as NO and FL.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back