Military & Veterans?

Your Thoughts on 'Military and Veterans' vs. 'Veterans and Guns'?

• Drop V & G's and post military anything into forums & s/g's.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canis-Lupus

It seems we are now designated as Military & Veterans, even through transition we can still be found posting active posts to threads in the social group of the original Veterans and Guns.
When I started this social group it was my intention to focus on Veterans with guns, not all of the U.S. active duty with weapons civilian veterans no longer used or even train with, from mortars to howitzers, very few/make that none of us Vets play with those 'toys' but when we were active duty many did, and do post about that thrilling experience.
Military with guns is every member of the DOD active duty, guard or reserves on active-duty, in the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corp and the U.S. Coast Guard. Even in a USA Carry with 4-5K members that is a HUGE potential patronage. Your feelings on wars, experiences in ongoing ones, OPSEC permitting, troop withdrawals, ad infinitum. The original few members who comprised Vets & Guns were Vets pure packing legal civilian bought weapons not driving around in Iraq in Abrams MBT's or M113's whacking muj & ducking IED's, although as Vets you may have done that not so long ago or in GW1. Most of the topics we posted were more Vet (V.A.) related than a much broader spectrum of 22 plus-million Vets in the USA and millions on active duty is IMHO diversifying far too much. So I began to allow active duty in and their input has been stellar. They are more than welcome however you know a huge gap exists between being active at war and being a Vet, a disabled Vet looking for some Comp and Pen, or a Retired military member healthy or not so fit to enjoy what you once loved. However if we change this to Military and Veterans I do not see how I will be able to even come close to keeping up with daily requests to admit new patrons and moderate even 1% of what could become way too much data for one (disabled) Vet to manage.
I would like to hear from the posting members of Veterans and Guns (while it still exists) what is your feedback on this? My proposal to Luke is simple. 'Vets and Guns' remains a 70/30 social group: 70% Vet issues, 30% weapons posts, that is where we stand now after I scanned every post made into this social group. Establish a new 'Military and Veterans' social group, find a leader (or 3) to run it, active duty members or Vets and Guns members may choose to stay with Vets and Guns, or unenroll from this s/g and join that new social group (I would if I were still active in a heart beat!), or keep membership in both social groups. I have no problems with that, but I do think if you are active duty who are not getting close to ETS/separation or retirement, then very little of the Vets part of this social group applies to you.... yet and other social groups exist as do forums to post about DOD or privately owned weapons. Your time will come when you no longer can do what our military does with the kit they have. A social group that say had the theme of 'Military Life' is a forum-heavy idea not a social group with posts into threads potentially running into the thousands per week. So here is a poll that may help find out if we have the right to form a logical social group on USA Carry or if we wish to globalize the very idea into a s/g that is in fact global via ISP access and beyond what constitutes even a workable idea. America voted for "change" so here is your turn.
Please avail yourself of it, or post into this thread as if I am forced to spend most of my waking hours (16 hrs a day, every day) moderating/leading/running a social group that has then become a full time job I neither want nor can manage even close to well, so I will fail and I do not deserve that job. I DO like to get away from this keyboard once in a while and spending hours per day is already required to screen new applicants, post welcomes and keep things running smooth, and we have had a few ugly posts that still remain in threads in V & G that I can not take down (even though I asked for their removal) so they remain there to show every user of USA Carry that being a Veteran (with a gun) does not always equate to being a polite, accurate or concise nice Veteran, per the very rules Luke has posted for netiquette on USA Carry. I encourage all patrons of Vets and Guns to avail yourselves of sending a message to Luke what we chose or like this new idea or not, or we flat out get told what he tells us to become, which BTW IS his right as the owner of USA Carry, but not with me as anything but a posting member not a point-man for the fastest growing social group (Veterans and Guns) on USA Carry.
My Regards to All,

Canis-Lupus

This is a multiple choice 6 statement poll, vote on what you want 6-choices 1 vote per patron is the rules per USA Carry polls. It will be visible to all in USA Carry, but only available for posting into by the 87 members of the social group still called 'Veterans and Guns'.

Last edited:
I'm posting this in this thread because I'm not sure if you are getting the messages I sent you, reading the posts I've made in other threads you are discussing this on, or have read the Announcement I made that is on the top of every single forum on this website.

Canis, are you getting and reading the messages I have sent you? I am the one "calling the shots" I guess because as I've said in my messages and this thread, I HAD TO CONVERT THE SOCIAL GROUP FORUMS TO REGULAR FORUMS! I'm really not sure how else I can explain this. Your Vet group still exists! Is it me or does anyone else understand what changes I had to make by reading the announcement I posted that it at the top of every single forum on this website.

I think this whole discussion is a bit on the silly side.

I'm a Veteran.... I own guns...... I'm interested in guns, AND Veterans issues. A Veteran is smart enough to conduct intelligent conversation on guns AND issues that affect all Veterans.

My vote is...... ONE FORUM, labeled Military Veterans ........ we can figure it out.....

Last edited:
I think this whole discussion is a bit on the silly side.

I'm a Veteran.... I own guns...... I'm interested in guns, AND Veterans issues. A Veteran is smart enough to conduct intelligent conversation on guns AND issues that affect all Veterans.

My vote is...... ONE FORUM, labeled Military Veterans ........ we can figure it out.....

Thanks, and that's the way it is staying. I am closing this thread and poll as its outcome will not affect my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back