Military/Veteran Discount?

gdcleanfun

Banned
I looked to see if this was posted elsewhere and didn't find anything. Where do you shop to receive a military/veteran discount? What places do you patronize? Please feel free to list them all to help out others.

Here are a few businesses we frequent: we get a 10% military/veteran discount at Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts and Murray's Discount Auto Stores auto parts store, now combined as O'Reilly or Link Removed.

I read that Lowe's gives a discount.

Where else?

Bass Pro, and Gander Mountain sometimes run ads in their flier about Veterans and Military discounts. I shop at these places all the time. However... some store's like these are so high on their prices for Guns, Ammo, and other supplies that the discount doesn't always compare to what you would pay elsewhere.

Some Home Depot stores will give a 10% discount. lowe's has been giving 10% for several years. Jersey Mike's subs give 10%. The best thing to do is always ask if a business gives a military discount. They sure don't post it anywhere and the only way to find out is to ask.

I routinely get a 10 per cent discount at Lowes and Home Depot by simply showing my ID card. I also get a 10 per cent discount at Advanced Auto Parts and Autozone. Not a full 10% at Orielleys. Show my ID card at Bass Pro and get a full 10%. Also get a full 10% and sometimes more at Harbor Frieght.....depends on the manager. Pleased to see Gander Mountain does the same.

Bottomline is my wife has trained me to ask practially all retailers for a military discount. I bought some Porter Cable nails via the phone, a full box. I asked if they honor a military ID card and they delivered the nails retailing for $72.00 to the door for $46.00. They took my word I was a retired military member. Place yourself in a habit of asking, some day someone you would not expect will give you a discount.

If you are a vet what do you use to prove it, carrying your dd214 is a pain, Is there an ID you can get.

If you are a vet what do you use to prove it, carrying your dd214 is a pain, Is there an ID you can get.

As an active duty, family member or reservist/national guard member you should have an ID card. Once retired, you will be issued a different ID card indicating that you're retired. Family members of retirees' who still qualify for military benefits (spouses and minor children) will get an ID card as well. I've had most retailers take my word for it. Only about 25% or so actually push the issue and ask to see the ID.

gf

Unfortunately, I have not heard of a veterans military discount as a blanket policy with the retailers I afore mentioned. Only active duty, retired and others as Glock Fan posted. However, that would not prevent me from asking. I know in Branson Missouri many retailers honor vets on Veterans day with a discount.

I have not applied, but does not vets registered with VA get some kind of card? Maybe not, I am not sure. I to very rarely have to show my ID card, they normally plug the discount right in when I so state. O'Reillys auto parts is the only retailer I have encountered that ask for the last four on the ID card.

Last edited:
When I was in North California, I was given a 10% discount in Lowes, Subway, Quizznos, Shooting Gallery (when it was open) :cray: and at times Home Depot and local restaurants.

Now I live in Miami Florida and 10% discounts are as rare as a South Beach woman with no surgical enhancements. So far Lowe's still offers 10% for military but thats it. On a side note, the cops leave me alone when I'm on the highway moving at above posted speed.....I think that's a pretty good discount. :biggrin:

One other thing, if you are retired you can get LE discounts for Glock, S&W and Kahr at LE dealers. They must le a LE dealer to get their discount. Other firearms may be eligible for a discount also. I bought a G-33 new in the box for $399 a few years ago.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of a veterans military discount as a blanket policy with the retailers I afore mentioned. Only active duty, retired and others as Glock Fan posted. However, that would not prevent me from asking. I know in Branson Missouri many retailers honor vets on Veterans day with a discount.

I have not applied, but does not vets registered with VA get some kind of card? Maybe not, I am not sure. I to very rarely have to show my ID card, they normally plug the discount right in when I so state. O'Reillys auto parts is the only retailer I have encountered that ask for the last four on the ID card.

If you apply for veterans health care benefits and approved, you will recieve and I.D. from the VA

One other thing, if you are retired you can get LE discounts for Glock, S&W and Kahr at LE dealers. They must le a LE dealer to get their discount. Other firearms may be eligible for a discount also. I bought a G-33 new in the box for $399 a few years ago.

Add SIGS to the list.

I am new to this forum but have a discount info for all former military. Go to your cell phone providers store with your DD form 214 and your account number. Ask for discount code # 117818 [must have this number with you] and you will get 15% or more off your bill FOREVER.

I have gotten a 10% discount at lowe's & home depot. Just ask for it & you will receive !
Oohrah ! ! !

Good info considering we spend a lot at Lowes. I guess I can ask them, but offhand do you know if it is at all Lowes or just in one state, town or whatever?

Every Lowes I've been in gives a 10% discount to military. Even on sale items. I bought a new washer and dryer last week from Lowes and it was around $2500. I got a $250 discount. It paid for one of the pedestals! Just tell them when you go through the check out that you are military, show them a ID card and they will give it to you.

Good to know

Good to know about weapon discount. I'm checking on mine. ...

Thanks for Posting!

John
USAF Retired 75-96
E7 Crew Chief

I get a 10% discount whenever I buy anything at Bass Pro by showing them my VA card. It has "service Connected" on it for my disabilities but they only care about seeing the VA card to prove I am a veteran. This discount is good year round.
This veterans day I was made to feel like a king at Sport Cuts - gave me a haircut, shampoo, chair massage and steam towel on my face for free simply for being a veteran. Ate at Applebees, and Chili's free also. None of them made me show them my VA card or any other proof of veteran status. What with a free haircut and meals I almost felt like I was going back into basic training... but the food was better, and the haircut was too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back