Military/Veteran Discount?

The following establishments in Tennessee give a 10% military discount:

Graceland (Memphis) The home of Elvis
Classic Arms (Cordova) A very cool gun store!
Country Music Hall of Fame (Nashville)

As i also understand it ... in Ohio if you are a vet or a current server, then you can get additional money from our state ... i think up to 1000 dollars depending on your service. I wish I could remember what the agency is, but I bet if you called NBC 4 (Columbus Ohio)they could tell you ... that is where I saw the interview.

Military discounts at Lowe's or Home Depot, you now must register at the store for the discount (telephone nr.). Military ID card does not work anymore, Register( they sell the mailing list). I just don't register for this Bull...t. If my Military ID is not sufficient-stuff the discount. I do not enjoy all the JUNK mail.

Cabelas - 5%
Sportsmans Warehouse - 5%
Cracker Barrel - 10%

Smith & Wesson has a $50 rebate on M&P handguns for military.

Military and Veteran Discounts Western Pennsylvania

I found that a gun shop in my area of Homer City called Bullseye firearms that gives decent discount on new and used firearms and gives 10% off of accesories.

If you have your VA Disablity card, that will serve as proof for a veteran's discount. My gunsuppliers give me 10% across the board, ad well as Subway, Golden Corral, and Quizno's. At Home Depot and Lowe's, you have to specificlly ask for it.

In WA state if you have 30% or better disability you get free camping at state parks. Plus for federal you can get an Acess Pass for free admission.

Talked to an LE dealer for Glock and was told to bring in police/military ID or a DD214.

An LE dealer is gun store with a contract with one or more manufacturers to sell their products at a reduced price to police, and military.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of a veterans military discount as a blanket policy with the retailers I afore mentioned. Only active duty, retired and others as Glock Fan posted. However, that would not prevent me from asking. I know in Branson Missouri many retailers honor vets on Veterans day with a discount.

I have not applied, but does not vets registered with VA get some kind of card? Maybe not, I am not sure. I to very rarely have to show my ID card, they normally plug the discount right in when I so state. O'Reillys auto parts is the only retailer I have encountered that ask for the last four on the ID card.

On Veterans day, there are many Restaurants like OutBack that will give free stuff just for seeing a copy of a dd214 or a VA ID Card if issued for medical care. My wife and I looked and found that I could basically eat free for only the cost of a drink at a couple of the places in our local area but I think those are the exception. Check the VA at http://www.va.gov for a list of retailers and restaurants that give such discounts on Veterans Day. Here is a link to last years list. http://www.washingtondc.va.gov/WASHINGTONDC/docs/veterans-day-11-11-11.pdf
I have also found that NAPA Auto Parts stores will give a Military Discount but if you have AAA you will get better. There is also Hot Topic Stores and their Sister stores Torid Great for the younger generation.
Our family has just gotten in the habit of Showing our Military ID's and asking if they give a Military discount. The worst answer is No or Sorry..

Last edited:
I placed an order over the phone with Laserlyte. I have a DD214 but it is hard to see over the phone. They wanted to know my branch and rank. I got a laser for under a hundred dollars. That is somewhere around a 35% discount.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back