Military personnel harassed on subway

HK4U

This is pathetic. I may not be fully on board with the reasons our buracrats give for us being in Iraq but I fully support ourt troops. They did not ask for the war but are doing their job. These creeps if they have a beef should direct it at the polititions not our service men.

Link Removed

Business Church Culture Education Legal-Courts Missions National Security Persecution Perspectives Politics-Gov't
Military personnel harassed on subway
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 6/6/2008 4:00:00 AM
A pro-family activist and former presidential candidate says it is outrageous that military personnel in uniform, who use public transportation while traveling to the Pentagon, are being publically harassed by anti-war leftists.

The Air Force recently issued a security advisory, relating several incidents where military personnel have been approached by individuals expressing themselves as anti-government and shouting anti-war sentiments.

Gary Bauer, Chairman of American Values, says in one case a woman in uniform was followed as she exited a Washington, D.C., subway train and a left wing thug continued to berate her as she exited the metro station. Bauer believes there is a limit to free speech.
"Freedom of speech, like all our liberties, has limitations on it. You can't drive a car down a suburban neighborhood at eleven o'clock at night with a loudspeaker on the top of it. And this fits into that category. When somebody is in a public place, they have a right not to be harassed," Bauer explains.

In fact, Bauer notes, harassment itself is against the law. "And in this case I would call it traitorous. If I'm on a subway or at an airport and see something like this happen, I for one will take action. I think this is an intolerable thing to be happening in our country," Bauer contends.

Bauer believes these protestors are being constantly urged by left wing blogs and websites to harass the military. And he says left wing politicians who compare U.S. troops to Nazis bear responsibility, too – as do those in the media who constantly present the troops in a negative way.

This is pathetic. I may not be fully on board with the reasons our buracrats give for us being in Iraq but I fully support ourt troops. They did not ask for the war but are doing their job. These creeps if they have a beef should direct it at the polititions not our service men.

I agree and if someone was doing that to a servicemen or servicewomen in my presence, I would have said something to them.

Sad very sad

Good for you Ruger Lady, I would too. all of them are putting their life on the line for us. this just makes me sick:icon_sick:

This brings back bad memories and I fully agree, no right is unlimited. If these individuals would only understand, it's the military that makes it possible for their "free speech".

I'm with you guys. there's no excuse for that kind of stupidity. they are just following orders and should be respected. take it to the morons in charge in washington.

I got harrassed many times by "anti" folks while I was in uniform. Solution is simple, get as much info and detail about them, ignore them to the best of my ability, go home and research who they are, then plan my "counter attack".

To date, I've extracted "revenge" on 90% of the folks who mis-treated me and have never had it traced back to me. :wink:

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back