Michigan Troopers get jail time for Poaching

ricbak

:eek:fftopic:

I wonder if the two people lost their guns or just transfered..

Link Removed
Link Removed
[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[FONT=verdana,arial]March 2, 2009
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]On-duty deer poaching gets Michigan troopers jail time[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
ASSOCIATED PRESS
[/FONT]CHEBOYGAN, Mich. — Two Michigan State Police troopers from the Cheboygan post have been sentenced to jail, will pay fines and lose their hunting privileges for poaching deer while on duty.
The Cheboygan Daily Tribune reported today that Jeff Hadley was sentenced to four days in jail for shooting a buck with his hunting rifle Nov. 12 while on patrol in Cheboygan County's Benton Township. Don Bolen received a two-day jail sentence.
Judge Maria Barton told Bolen on Friday that he broke the law on duty, in a police vehicle and while being paid by taxpayers to enforce laws.

The troopers will split $6,606 in Department of Natural Resources fines, and each will pay $3,105 in court costs. Both eventually will be transferred from Cheboygan.

Both apologized during their sentencings.
[/FONT]
:no:

I'm glad they got more than just a "slap on the wrist". Poachers steal from the law abiding hunters and fishermen. It's like shoplifting, but with the natural resources. In the end, EVERYONE pays.

gf

as the economy continues to get worse, I think it will get to a point that poaching will definitely rise.
Desperate people do desperate things.

as the economy continues to get worse, I think it will get to a point that poaching will definitely rise.

That is BS..about the economy. These guys are FAR from desperate!

They have a starting salary of 41K a year and that does not include over time for court .

I am a big police supporter and here in Michigan, State Police have always been looked at as a step above.

Lock 'em up and fire 'em!

Chuck...Michigan resident

That is BS..about the economy. These guys are FAR from desperate!

They have a starting salary of 41K a year and that does not include over time for court .

I am a big police supporter and here in Michigan, State Police have always been looked at as a step above.

Lock 'em up and fire 'em!

Chuck...Michigan resident

I didn't mean that this was their excuse. I think they ought to get nailed. I know LE are people too and subject to the same laws but they should hold themselves, and possibly be held, to a higher standard. It comes with the job. With greater power comes greater responsibility.

I was saying that as things continue to get worse poaching will more than likely rise.

Last edited:

I know around here, poaching has allready risen quite a bit. I hear they are increasing helicopter patrols around the areas where poaching is the worst. With budget cut backs, I'm sure that will end soon, and the poachers will increase even more.

Crime is rising around here too. In my small town, there was three robberies last weekend alone. Some scary times ahead. Just gotta keep your eyes open, and your gun ready.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back