Michigan: Registration Reform Heads to Senate!

Sheldon

got this in my e mail today...

Michigan: Registration Reform Heads to Senate!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Please Contact Your State Senator!

House Bill 4490

http://tinyurl.com/4ug6og passed the House on Wednesday April 16, by a vote of 98 to 10. Introduced by State Representative Paul Opsommer

(R-93) HB4490 would repeal the required "safety inspection" for newly obtained handguns. HB 4490 would also require law enforcement agencies to destroy "safety inspection" records on file. Current Michigan law requires anyone who comes into possession of a pistol to take it to the police or sheriff's department for a safety inspection. The requirement of a safety inspection is a burdensome waste of time for law-abiding gun owners and HB4490 will end that inconvenience. HB4490 will now head to the Senate were it could be taken up in the near future.

Please contact your State Senator and urge him or her to support this necessary piece of legislation. To contact your State Senator click here
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/state/main/?state=MI&view=myofficials

Last edited:
Yeh, I was all excited about it to until I found out the one that went through the house is a watered down version of the original. My understanding is the 'new' version still has gun registration, but now they call it that instead of 'saftey inpsection'.

I've been trying to follow this.. wish they would do away with registering and not only the safety inspection. both are pointless for law abiding gun owners.

Absolutley! It's that chipping away of the 2nd that got us to this point. At some point, 'we' settled for the so called gun inspection in an effort to own handguns. I'm not sure how or when it happend. Might be interesting to find out.

Well, I guess we have to take what we can get. Did away with the actual "inspection" part. We can work on the rest later. :)

Absolutley! It's that chipping away of the 2nd that got us to this point. At some point, 'we' settled for the so called gun inspection in an effort to own handguns. I'm not sure how or when it happend. Might be interesting to find out.

Actually it was done as a racist thing to try and keep handguns out of the hands of blacks. There are web sites dedicated to the story you can goggle them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back