Michigan cpl snafu

Jim Bastian

i applied for my cpl in April and was denied by the gun board because i had a attempted larceny 30 years ago i was 17 (1987) which is a misdemeanor. i have bought many hand guns and long guns and never had a problem,but the gun board denied me because they stated that the misdemeanor i was charged with carried a 2 year max, after some research i found out that the Federal Requirements Pursuant to MCL 28.426, a Concealed Pistol License may not be issued to a person prohibited under federal law from possessing or transporting a firearm. The federal requirements to possess or transport a firearm include that the applicant: Not have been convicted in any court of, or under indictment for, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year (i.e. felony, or any misdemeanor punishable by more than 2 years). so when went to appeal this i was told by one of the gun board members to wait till MSP takes it over and try then, as it says misdemeanor on my record and shw didn't agree with the denial in the first place but was out voted i guess ,my question is will they have something on file saying i was already denied by the gun board once already!? am i just wasting money !? and if not in your opinions was i wrongfully denied the first time? as i can purchase hand guns and open carry right now . thanks to all for any and all help you may be able to give me .

If you are denied and when you reapply they will have it in your jacket.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back