Metro paperwork

jimf5

Hi All:
There was a pistol on sale at Bass Pro Shops that I wanted so I called them to see if they had it. As I live in Nye county(Pahrump) I inquired about a "Blue " card and they said I don't need one ,but must fill out "Metro" paperwork and if it was my first gun in Clark county I must wait 3 days to pick it up. Is this true? As I don't live in Clark county why do I need to do this? I know I must do a Brady check but why this other B.S.

Thanks in advance for any help

jimf5

Hi All:
what,s up? This post has had 199 visitors and only one reply !!!
I am sure someone knows if I have to fill out metro paperwork.

jim

Hi All:
I know of two Henderson FFLs that will do the gun registration paperwork if you want them to. However Bass Pro is incorporated Clark County. According to the County Code, handgun registration should not apply to you.

The only thing you should have to do is the 4473. The LVMPD paperwork is to register the firearm, if that paperwork is done then you should get a blue card.. All other paperwork is the BATFE paperwork.

Hi All:

jim

If you really want another reply, I'll give you one. Listen to "Netentity". He's a very knowledgable person. Not saying he knows everything, but I'm sure if you take his advice, you're headed in the right direction.

I lived in Las Vegas, NV briefly, and purchased a firearm there. All I had to do is fill out the 4473 and the FFL dealer took care of the rest. I left the shop with my blue card.

If you're not going to take our advice, you can check out the Las Vegas MPD website: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department to review the statute.

gf

NRS 244.364 Limited authority to regulate firearms; restrictions concerning registration of certain firearms in county whose population is 400,000 or more.

1. Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers. As used in this subsection, "firearm" means any weapon from which a projectile is discharged by means of an explosive, spring, gas, air or other force.
2. A board of county commissioners may proscribe by ordinance or regulation the unsafe discharge of firearms.
3. If a board of county commissioners in a county whose population is 400,000 or more has required by ordinance or regulation adopted before June 13, 1989, the registration of a firearm capable of being concealed, the board of county commissioners shall amend such an ordinance or regulation to require:
1. A period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.
2. A period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol by a resident of the county upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer.
4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 1, as used in this section:
1. "Firearm" means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
2. "Firearm capable of being concealed" includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
3. "Pistol" means a firearm capable of being concealed that is intended to be aimed and fired with one hand.

(Added to NRS by 1989, 652; A 2007, 1289)

Registration
Registration can be accomplished at any Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Substation and at any other law enforcement agency within the incorporated cities of Clark County. (North Las Vegas, Henderson, Overton, and Mesquite).

Registration is quick, simple, and easy. To register simply bring your handgun (unloaded) to any police substation. You will receive a cursory background check and given a gun registration card. It's that simple; and there is no registration fee. Please Note: The gun registration card is NOT a permit to carry a firearm concealed. Carrying a firearm concealed without a permit is unlawful and punishable as a felony.

Hi All:
There was a pistol on sale at Bass Pro Shops that I wanted so I called them to see if they had it. As I live in Nye county(Pahrump) I inquired about a "Blue " card and they said I don't need one ,but must fill out "Metro" paperwork and if it was my first gun in Clark county I must wait 3 days to pick it up. Is this true? As I don't live in Clark county why do I need to do this? I know I must do a Brady check but why this other B.S.

Thanks in advance for any help

jimf5

Why not see if someone here in Pahrump would match the price? That would save you the time, trouble, and gasoline.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back